Chapter 27: reunited

When the night had fallen on the now silent castle, I took my dark blue cloak from my closet and put my hair into a tight braid and hid it. I was always one of the only people around here with red hair and if I didn't want to get caught, it was always best to hide it. I had put all my cushions under the sheets, making it seem like I was there, sleeping, to the guards that'd pass by every hour. I was still wearing a dark blue evening dress that hugged my figure tightly, but I didn't have the time to change into another before the switching of the guards. Sighing deeply as my hand grasped the doorknob, I gathered all the courage I had in me and opened the door.

"Sir Paul!" I smiled uncomfortably when our eyes met the moment I stepped outside. My heart had stopped beating immediately, but it soon recovered as I remembered who I was speaking to.

"Princess." He lifted his eyebrows as he coughed awkwardly. "Might I ask what you're doing?"

"Going for an evening stroll." I quickly said, my hands grasping the hood more tightly.

"You know I can't allow that." Paul grasped his weapon slowly, his eyes narrowing. "The king has given me strict orders not to let you leave your room."

"Listen here, soldier." I sighed deeply but then my gaze turned more dangerous. I could see him swallow in fear when I stepped forward. "I've had it with people and just now am I not really mentally stable. Normally I wouldn't use this to my advantage, but if you want me to keep treating you for your little...- " I looked down at his crotch. "Performance problems, I suggest you get out of my way and not mention it to anyone."

"Right." His cheeks reddened and he awkwardly diverted his gaze. He shifted uncomfortably and stepped back, giving me the room to leave. "On your way, then, your majesty."

"Thank you." Sparing him one last glare, I quickly made my way down the hall and towards the servant's quarters. On my way there I was thinking of what to say to the jedi, or to say anything at all. I still wasn't sure if I should even go there. They were waiting to be executed by the king's orders with no means to escape. I was their only hope but even I couldn't help them as I was equally trapped.

I waited around the corner for the guards to switch. When they walked down the hallway I quickly darted towards the doors before the others could arrive and opened them, shutting it behind myself immediately.

"That went well." I smiled to myself as I rested the back my head on the door, letting out a deep breath as I felt the stress subsiding.

"Princess Lyanna?" A familiar voice spoke up, making me snap my eyes open.

"Cody! It's good to see you." My heart warmed at the sight of the clones around me. They all stood up from whatever they were doing, their eyes all directed at me. They were locked in the sleeping quarters of our servants, given just mere bunk beds to sleep on. They had a small bathroom, common room and a balcony to go to to get some fresh air. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best hotel either.

"Have you come to free us, your majesty?" Rex made his way to the front of the crowd that had gathered around me. He and the other clones had taken off most parts of their armor, leaving me bewildered by the likeliness between them. "I must say I'm getting tired off solving puzzles all day."

"I'm sorry, captain, I'm afraid I don't bring any news." Bowing my head, I felt ashamed of the fact that I couldn't even give them any good news. "Where are your commanders? I must speak with them."

"They uhm..." The clones looked at each other awkwardly. "Your highness, can we trust you?" Cody stepped forward. "Are you one of the council members that is locking us up?"

"Captain, the king gave me this." I pointed at the ugly bruise that was covering my left cheekbone. "I had to sneak my way around the castle to get here. Is that answer enough for you?"