Chapter 16: Escaping the palace

- Author's note-

Hey guys! Just wanted to point out that the picture above ^^ is one of the concept arts I made before writing this book. It's a drawing of Lyanna inspired by both Wonder Woman and Thor (which you can notice because of the armour). Hope you like it! :) ~

"Where exactly are you leading us?!" Anakin yelled over the noise of the palace falling apart. The bomb hadn't gone off yet, but the battle was taking its toll on the castle. Above us the troopers and some of my people were still trying their hardest to defeat Derik's men.

"Anakin, stop whining, she knows what's she's doing." Obi-Wan scolded him as he ran after me along with some of their troopers. The further we went into the passage, the darker and the mustier it got. The air was thick and moisty and the wall was covered with algae.

I heard Obi-Wan running nearer until he was right next to me. "Where are you leading us?" He whispered so that Anakin wouldn't hear, glancing back at his former Padawan to make sure he didn't.

"You're such a child." I chuckled, the action feeling awkward in this situation. I mean, the hurt of my uncle's betrayal was still echoing through my head. I couldn't get the picture of him trying to kill me off my mind.

Some part of me had always known that he was different than the rest of us. He'd always been a kind of a loner, refusing to get close to anyone or talk about his feelings. No, he had himself closed off from anyone around him like he'd build a wall around himself.

I had always hoped that he was still the uncle who my brother believed him to be but his actions always proved otherwise. Maybe after all he still blamed my father for their father's death.

"Hey, Stefan?" I turned my commlink on. "Are you still in the palace?"

"Of course, your highness." He sounded exhausted and almost irritated, most likely because he had to fight with his former enemy without any explanation.

"How's it going over there?"

"Let's just say we're outnumbered. We can't work with these so-called troopers, my men won't even try to cooperate with them. To be honest, I don't blame then." Stefan stated. "Your uncle has left with the prison though. There was nothing we could do."

"Goddammit." I cursed under my breath as I felt Obi-Wan's curious gaze on me. "That's not your fault Stefan. Just... Try to save as many people as you can. And don't harm the troopers."

"I will, but that's not the reason you called, is it?" He questioned. "I assume there's something you need?"

"Actually, there is." I heard him sigh after hearing my answer. "I need gryphons near the marketplace, can you bring them?"

"How many?" Stefan asked.

"Enough to carry all the surviving troopers out of here." I said.

"Seriously?!" Stefan exclaimed. "It's one thing to stop killing them, and now you want to take them with you?! That's a whole other level!"

"Stefan, I'm serious about this."

"Yes, well, I am to-"

"Just listen!" I interrupted him before he could protest. "We've all been tricked by my uncle and we need all the help we can get. You get them safe transport and take them to Eagle's Fall. I'll explain everything later."

"I hope you're right about this." He grumbled and then shut off his commlink.

"That was... Difficult to manage." Obi-Wan glanced at my frustrated expression. "Are you sure that your men are fully behind you?"