Chapter 35: Truth

Above an early concept from about 2 years back! When Lyanna still had silver hair and the underground chamber looked a lot different, but still awesome.

"Are you all right, princess?" As soon as the walls had closed I'd leaned my back against it and closed my eyes as I let out a deep breath. Arthas. We had just escaped Arthas Blackwing himself. Those red eyes were still printed inside my head, his furious voice still ringing through my ears. When I heard Obi-Wan's voice though he snapped me out of it. He came towards me, laying his hand in the crook of my neck and glancing at me worriedly.

"Lyanna?" He pressed on as his brows scrunched together.

"I'm fine." I smiled at him softly and then leaned my forehead against his, drawing in a deep breath to calm myself. "And you?" Opening my eyes again, I looked at his blue ones staring down at me. Obi-Wan only nodded and smiled back. "Good." I chuckled, balancing my weight on my toes as I tried to reach his lips. I had closed my eyes already and reached out to the side of his face tenderly when I heard a soft whisper in the distance.

"Oh, you're finally here." It seemed distant, soft. It was a feminine voice and it was filled with relief yet it was too vague to really make out. If anything, it had completely drawn me away from the temptation that was the jedi before me.

"What's wrong?" Obi-Wan tried to follow my gaze as I looked at the direction of the voice but found nothing. I slowly let go of him, taking steps in the direction of the voice while taking in my surroundings. While the other parts of the structure we had seen before were obviously made to honour the dead, this one was completely different.

There were bunkbeds placed against the walls, tables covered with notes in the midst of the chamber and some racks filled with old armor and weapons placed at the entrance. "I heard a voice." I stuttered while looking around. "Obi-Wan, I think we're in some kind of hide-out."

Something crunched beneath his feet when he took a step to follow me. "I'm afraid we're standing in the midst of a grave, princess." First I met his eyes but when they seemed sad, my own darted towards his feet. He'd stepped on an old bone and crunched it. I hadn't thought to look to the ground but now that I was I saw skeletons across the whole floor which was still covered with a dark layer of old blood.

"There must have been a massacre." Obi-Wan said as he examined the corpse. There was still a short sword stabbed between its ribs. He sighed as he looked at the other bodies. "The others are wearing different armor. Must have been a final attack to suppress some kind of rebellion."

"Why would they attack here? These people were defenceless" I frowned as I looked around. It was true, some were wearing different armor than the others. There were two different sides, I discovered, but the sigils on the armor of one was too damaged to make out. I walked to the one which wasn't and found the fiery heart of an all too familiar king. "Fireheart." I mumbled. He had suffered significant less losses and was wearing more and fancier armor than the other party. "He must've attacked here, but why?"

"You remember the shrine above? They had written 'tyrant' beneath his painting." Obi-Wan stroked his beard thoughtfully while looking at the corpse before him. "He must've tried to put an end to a rebellion. All I know is that this place it's... It's very strong with the dark side of the force." His eyes wandered through the chamber again, until they spotted a corpse holding a lightsaber and wearing what must've been the same tunic he was. "Jedi?" He immediately got up and ran to the body, grasping the lightsaber in his hand and inspecting it. "This is... it's real."

"A jedi, here?" I was utterly confused. Not only had Fireheart attacked a small rebellion that I didn't even know had existed, but there had been jedi here too. This whole place must have been built after the second war, which must have meant that all jedi were dead. I knew he had fought them for they had betrayed them, at least that's what they told me. At this point I was questioning everything I had heard before.