Chapter 17: A new ally

You'd think that after that whole fiasco in the palace it'd all be over. That we could fly back peacefully and gather our thoughts. That couldn't have been more wrong.

Right after Obi-Wan had taken control over the gryphon again my uncle's men noticed that we were escaping. After realizing that it was me they send a whole horde of traitors after us, leaving us scurrying back quickly.

"Do you have another of those great plans of yours?!" Obi-Wan yelled towards Anakin as he flew his dark brown gryphon next to his.

"I thought you were the most experienced one here!" Anakin protested while helplessly avoiding the rain of arrows that was raining down on us.

"Anakin! Now is not the time for games!"

"Well, you're not helping either!"

"Shut up, both of you!" I groaned internally. I felt Obi-Wan's chest stiffen up immediately as I held him tightly, trying my best not to fall off the gryphon.

You're like a bunch of kids!" I added in frustration. "Now, you morons, all you need to do is get us out of here. I will deal with the rest."

"How do you plan on doing that?" Obi-Wan snapped. "You can't fly."

"Watch and learn." I narrowed my eyes in determination, grasped his side tightly and then swung my leg around his left side so that I was straddling him.

"Whoa!" Obi-Wan's eyes widened immediately as he tried to back away.

"Suck it up!" I said. "It's not like some womanly contact is going to get you killed!"

"It's not that he's worried about." Anakin laughed loudly at the sight of his startled master. "It's that he's afraid he's going to like you."

"Shut up Anakin." Obi-Wan grumbled as he tried his best to position himself in such a way that he was touching me as little as possible. Yet he knew that he couldn't do anything about the fact that my legs were straddling him.

"Are you uncomfortable?" I chuckled as I grasped my gun and loaded it while looking right into his eyes.

"That's not exactly the word I would use." Obi-Wan answered, distracted by the look in my eyes.

"Keep your eyes on the sky, pretty boy, I don't want to experience another fall like that again." I looked past his handsome face and to the enemies who were pursuing us.

"I would never let you fall."

~

It took a good 80 minutes till we could finally fly peacefully. I was slumped against Obi-Wan's chest, my head resting on his shoulder with my eyes closed after I shot the last target.

I let out a loud huff, dropping the overheated gun and watching it fall to the ground. Obi-Wan had finally relaxed after 20 minutes but he still refused to move.

I on the contrary was getting quite comfortable in his arms. His warmth that radiated from his chest soothed me to the point that I almost forgot everything. He smelt nice too, like a forest during a midsummer's day.

"You know, I could fall asleep like this." I mumbled as I snuggled closer to his chest, burrowing my throbbing head deeper into the fabric of his tunic.

"I wasn't before, but now I'm absolutely sure you've got a bad concussion." Obi-Wan chuckled lightly which made his chest vibrate. I smiled too, savouring the feeling.

"Maybe." I lifted my head and sat back slightly so I could look at his face. His gentle eyes met mine as the joy twinkled in his blue orbs.

"You know, I seem to remember you telling me that being in contact with you like this might get me killed." He lifted his eyebrow when I didn't move back to sit behind him.