Chapter 12: A traitor in our midst

"Lyanna?"

I heard a vague noise in my head but paid no attention to it, being too focused on trying to figure out who was a potential candidate for being the traitor. Commander, brother, stable boy, teacher, maybe even our cook?

"Lyanna!!"

I nearly jumped off my chair as I looked around in bewilderment, finding out that everyone's gazes were fixed on me. "So-sorry, what were you saying?" I stuttered and then looked at my father who had awoken me from my thoughts.

"I was asking you what you saw during your capture." My father clarified with an irritated glint in his eyes. "You told me that there was something important that we ought to know."

"Yes, yes I did." I straightened up in my chair and folded my hands together. After a few moments of collecting my thoughts my voice filled the silent room. "The Jedi who captured me they... They told me that they were sent here because they had intel about a weapon of mass destruction which was supposed to be located in Velen."

"What a pile of rubbish." One of the councilmen laughed with dead eyes. "We, Valerians, in possession of a weapon?"

I locked my eyes with my uncle who was staring numbly back at me. "I tried to tell them that it was very doubtful too." I continued after taking a deep breath. "But then they took me to see it for myself."

I closed my eyes. It's now or never, Lyanna. They will find out no matter what. It's better you tell them now while they can still do something about it.

"It was hidden beneath the throne room in a large cave." I collected all my courage. "When I arrived they had already turned it on. There were lots of their troopers with some of their equipment build around it. I guess they were trying to figure out what it was. Of course, only a Valerian would recognize it."

I looked back at Derik as I paused. He shook his head no, trying to stop me from telling the next part. "I believe they found Arthas's prison and are currently trying to set him free." I continued, earning gasps from almost all of the councilmen.

"Arthas Blackwing? Are you sure?" Aidan's mouth was wide open as he looked at me.

"I'm sure." I nodded and clenched my jaw. "It was just like the myth describes: a dark cave covered in tales, hiding the blue crystal that contains his body: frozen in time."

"It that's true, we need to put a stop to it right now!" Stefan stood up abruptly, his fist leaning on the table. "If there's one thing for sure about Arthas it's that he doesn't like the Stormrages or peace."

"Are you crazy?" Aidan stood up too, frowning at Stefan. "Arthas may be our only way of defeating those Jedi. Let them make their own downfall, let them destroy themselves when they set him free."

"You really think he would stop after the Jedi?" Stefan scoffed. "After he defeats them he will come right back for us!"

"If that's so, we will be ready for it. Let him come." Aidan crossed his arms before his chest and narrowed his eyes. "We defeated him before, we can do it again."

"You forget that they had timeturners and we do not." Stefan objected. "They died out centuries ago."

"Then we make a deal with him, give him some land or whatever he wants and in turn he will defeat the Jedi for us." Aidan put both his hands on the table. "You wanted a choice which would provide minimal casualties of our people. This is that choice, Arthas can and will be able to help us in this war."

"No." I simply said as I was sitting in my chair. I felt everyone's eyes on me after I remained silent. "Arthas won't stop after the Jedi. You know about his lust for revenge, he won't stop till every one of us is either killed or captured."