Chapter 31: First lesson

As he was walking in her footsteps Obi-Wan's mind raced. He felt the anger in Lyanna even from this distance, an overwhelming heat that burned inside of her ever since they made it out of Borovia. He'd known true rage before. He'd seen it in different eyes, different people, some all too familiar and in other yellow ones that had haunted him for years.

Obi-Wan climbed up the cliff she had flown up before him, panting heavily as he reached the top. When he did he could see the lands stretch out before him and the night sky shining with stars.

His breath caught in his throat at the beauty of this planet as his eyes glided over the vast forest and the rivers that flowed through the landscapes. The stars were reflected by the water together with the 3 moons that orbited the planet. He forgot about his mission until he saw Lyanna at the edge of the cliff, only her eyes were locked on one specific location. From her point of view she could see the city of Eagle's fall from a distance. The city was burning, black smoke rising up as even now lightning strikes and explosions were still occasionally visible.

His eyes soon focused on her. With her curly red hair waving around her together with the blue drapes that covered her body she was almost as beautiful as the view before her. The light that the thunder emitted cast eery shadows on her face now and then, making the beautiful image into a terrifying one. The contrast scared him, thinking about the kindness she often showed yet how the anger inside her spoke against his image of her. Obi-Wan could see her shoulders tense when she heard his footsteps coming near. She sighed deeply. "I should be there." Her voice was soft yet oddly stern, her eyes fixated on the city as she balled her fists.

Obi-Wan didn't know what to say when he came to her side, his eyes following her gaze. "If you had stayed, Anakin and I would've been executed. " He said after a while as he turned towards her. He saw her brows knit together as she clenched her jaw but other than that she didn't respond.

"Princess-" with sympathy laced in his voice Obi-Wan sighed deeply.

"It's Lyanna." She snapped. "After everything I have done for you, you can at least call me that."

Obi-Wan frowned as the fury inside of her was suddenly directed at him. His body tensed as flames surrounded her wrists. It should have scared him off, but instead he walked closer in determination. "Stay with me, Lyanna." He saw her confused glance look up at him, frowning as she tried to understand what he meant. "Don't let your anger take control of you."

"My anger?" She questioned slowly. Her eyes darted back to the city. "You think this is just anger?" She scoffed as she stepped away from him and crossed her arms before her chest. "I'm fucking furious, Kenobi."

"I mean, look at me." She opened her arms as she continued to step back, flames suddenly erupting from her palms and climbing up to her shoulders. Even the flames danced furiously on her skin and her hair waved through the heat, the warm light casting red shadows on her face that reminded him of an all too familiar foe. Obi-Wan swallowed nervously, trying to get the image out of his head.

"My brother is out there, fighting against rebels that are trying to take over the city while some murderous maniac that killed our father is planning to kill him and I..." she chuckled humorously, tears welling up in her eyes. "I'm here, miles away, going after a family that didn't want me and doing nothing while people are dying out there, while my own brother may be dying!"

She dropped her arms, but the flames remained. She seemed to almost choke on her tears as she continued. "If I had let him kill you, if I hadn't intervened, there wouldn't be a siege right now." She seemed to scare herself with her own words. "And I almost did. Obi-Wan, I almost let him kill you." She was full on crying as she ran her shaking hand through her long hair. Her eyes were darting from here to there but never to his eyes.