Author's note

Holy shit.

That's about the only thing that came to mind the past 60 minutes. I've been staring at my screen, rereading the last few chapters, scared to publish them and finish what I started almost 4 years ago.

It's safe to say that this has been an incredible journey. I started this story as a naive, young girl that was scared that she could never become that which she wanted to become, for she was afraid that she would not have the power to do so. Now, I have become what I wanted, a doctor, and am striving to help others the way I had needed help before.

Okay so here's an emotional story coming up, skip if you want to; I never truly, really believed in myself. I poured my heart and soul into this story the moment I started it, because I never believed anyone in my life would listen. It was the only place I could be myself. I stopped writing for literally two years, even though this story was still ghosting through my head, because I didn't believe I could write it the way I wanted it to be.

Then my life got even more messed up. I was sexually assaulted and got PTSS as a result. I was broken, alone and weak to say the least, but I fought through it. Sadly, it didn't go as smoothly as I had wanted. One of the most important things that I had to realise was that I needed help. I couldn't do it alone and that was okay. The moment I realized that and allowed others to help me things got better. It was slow, sure, but alone I would've never made it.

So after some time I began to see the strength within me. There was something beautiful about the struggle, each day a battle on its own, the decisiveness and the determination that I apparently had inside me. I found the courage to stand up for myself and others and that was something utterly remarkable.

That's the moment I started writing again. About Lyanna's struggle with her 'dark side', about her endless fight against the 'darkness' and her tendency to look more after others than herself. It was the perfect metaphor.

Something most of you probably hadn't noticed was that she was afraid to allow others close. She keeps describing Obi-Wan as having 'ocean eyes', calm, soothing, all things related to 'water', the literal weakness of fire with her being the embodiment of fire. She wanted him closer, yet a the same time she knew he was a danger to her and that he was her weakness. It was something I struggled with myself. I knew I needed people, yet at the same time I didn't trust anyone and didn't allow them any closer.

I poured my daily troubles into this book, thinking it would scare off readers but needing to let it out, only to discover that you guys loved every single part of it and became amazed by the journey.

That was one of the main reasons I am who I am today. Those struggles, it didn't scare you off. You didn't flinch away the moment you read about it but instead lived the story with me. You guys supported me and I am eternally grateful for that.

In return, I wanted to help you too. So, I showed you the struggle and tried to tell you how to deal with it by making Lyanna go through it. By showing you the importance of compassion, selflessness and empathy. By showing you that even the most powerful people need help every now and then, and that they could never do it alone.

Everyone needs someone, my darlings, and that's okay. Please allow yourself to reach out if needed. That is the most important message I wanted to deliver and I hope I got it through.

Pheeewwwww. So... Now that that's out...

YEAAAH THERE'S A SEQUEL COMING. I KNOW I KNOW, HYPE!!

It's going to be a little bit different, because they're not on Valeria anymore but out there in the galaxy, but I promise you, it's gonna be awesome. It will be focused more on the jedi, on the clone wars and the issues that come with it. It's going to be centered around the ending of the clone wars and also the revenge of the sith. More importantly, it will of course be focused on Lyanna's and Obi's relationship. So yeahh... I'm excited, I hope you are too.

I am currently devising a plot because I refuse to write a story without a true meaning, so have a little patience, and I'll give a sign when the first few chapters are up :)

I hope you all enjoyed this story as much as I did. Send me your thoughts and feelings, and I'll cherish them forever. And, of course, if you need help, don't hesitate to message me.

Again, thank you. For everything.

Be safe my darlings, and may the force be with you.