Chapter Fifteen

Here you go guys, sorry for the wait, we're busy! 

_Vindr_

Chapter 15

Ashton

I was lying in my bed, thoroughly tired from the day I’ve had when I heard a loud whining noise from down stairs. But it wasn’t before a loud yelp and a guard’s shout that I jumped to my feet and rushed out of the room.

I quickly descended the stairs, facing the doors that were wide open. In the door frame was a fiery red wolf, tackled to the ground by two of our guards. I could clearly see it was a female. Catching a glimpse of her eyes I froze, recognising Maddie as the one that tried to break through the doors.

Spotting me, she released a loud howl and twisted out of the grasp of the guards, scurrying over the floor to my side. They growled at her as she hid behind me, and would undoubtedly attack her had I not stopped them.

“What is going on here?!” I shouted, waving off the guards and turning to Maddie. There was a long gash in her shoulder, and she was panting as if she had just run a marathon. “Are you okay? What were you doing outside?”

The guards growled at her again and she whimpered, gathering the strength to shift. A second later Maddie clung onto my shirt. She was still panting, and I blushed noticing she was stark naked. I looked away, shaking my head slightly.

“Kyle... Let us go for a hunt.” She managed to breathe out. I tensed at her words, did that mean Belle was out there somewhere too? “Belle... she’s hurt... rouges...” Those few words had my world spiralling out of control.

Maddie let go of me as I dashed past the guards who didn’t seem to know what to do in the shock of what they just heard. I shouted for them to follow me as I quickly shifted, running along the trail of Maddie’s scent.

I reached the place next to a river where they scents mingled, but I could also sense a lot more masculine scent that potently overwhelmed the scents of females.  I released a low growl as I spun in circles, trying to find the direction both of them left in.

I finally found the place where the scents broke off from Maddie’s when I heard the low rumble of a growl coming from the tree cover where the scents lead. I froze when a gush of wind carried the scent to me. It wasn’t as potent as the previous one, but it felt weird, as if there was something different between us and the attackers. I had dealt with rouges before, so it couldn’t have been just that. No, they were from a different territory entirely.

He lunged at me and I dashed to the side, dodging his attack. The wolf was approximately my size, but he was much bulkier. I could tell he had a lot harder life than that which I was leading. It wasn’t good news, it meant he was probably accustomed to fighting.

I was still faster, and as I dodged him again the guards that followed me attacked. He growled in pain as they dug into his side. He managed to pounce at one of them, and the guard flew a short distance, lending on his side with a yelp.

He managed to quickly get back onto his feet and ignored the wound in his side that produced a potent flow of blood as he lunged at the rouge again. I admired the strength of the overwhelmed wolf as he managed to lung at me even with two of the guards holding him down.

They had to let go as the rouge jumped, but he was already hurt, making him even slower than before. I easily sunk my fangs into his shoulder and twisted my neck. His shoulder snapped with a loud crack and he fell to the ground with a yelp of pain.