Chapter Seven

Here's the next chapter :D sorry for the delay in posting this, the school year start is a mess XD Enjoy! 

Chapter 7

Ashton

As soon as the girls were gone, still laughing and chatting, I broke into a full blown laughter. The others looked at me as if I was supposed to be confined along with the girls, but I ignored them with ease. I almost forget how crazy the two were together.

“I know she’s all cute and hot and clumsy. But I am not so sure if it’s worth it anymore.” Blake said, still staring at the spot where the girls were fighting.

I chuckled and tried my best to keep my composure, but they were making it hard. “Come on, we should get out of here. The rest of the girls are coming soon.”

The others easily complied, finally wiping the stupid looks of their faces. Our house was just ten minutes away, but was separated from the girls by tall walls. Just to make sure everyone behaved there were cameras installed in both houses. Well, that being one of the reasons. The other two were simple: We wanted to make sure both we and the girls were safe, ceremonies like this would make any future Alpha an easy target for assassination by the rouges or even another pack. Also, we wanted to know how the girls interacted among each other, marrying a fake or double faced mate would only create troubles in the future.

I wasn’t up for chit chat, so when the guys proposed we open a couple of drinks from the bar while we wait I just ditched them and went straight for my room. Unlike girls, each of us had his own room to spend time in.

I could still hear their laughter form downstairs though. They were probably making jokes at girls’ expense again. Every time the ceremony is held at least one of the future Alpha’s tries to get one of the girls into his bed. Of course, it always fails, but the jerks just feel the need to try.

I groaned inwardly. I really hated the fact Belle was in the whole thing. The one thing I was actually grateful for when she was banished into Europe was the chance of her avoiding the ceremony, but I guess it couldn’t be helped.

For now, I only had to keep Cameron away from her. He wasn’t the type to look for a mate in her, no, he would be one of the guys that tried to sleep with the girls. And I could bet he would go after Belle, from no other reason but to ruin her.

And like worrying isn’t enough, I have to find a mate for myself too. I thought, groaning in frustration. The whole ceremony was stupid really, like we couldn’t rule over our pack properly if we didn’t have a mate.

I closed my eyes, trying to drift off to sleep in the time I had to wait on the ceremony to begin.

***

All five of us were standing in a line, behind the line of girls from which we were going to have to chose our mate. I resisted the urge to yawn as the head Alpha finally walked into the room, followed by his fellow rulers of the other four packs.

He stood in front of the two lines on a little podium made for him. The whole thing was cliché really. There wasn’t one thing in the whole room that didn’t scream tacky. Luckily the rest of the ceremony wouldn’t be like that. He was allowed to ruin only the part made in his honour.

“Welcome to the Mating Ceremony!” His voice beamed down on us. “Just as you know, this is the moment we have all been waiting for! The moment for our future Alphas to choose the females to rule by their side!”

A couple of girls in front of us chirped excitedly. Obviously liking the possibility of becoming a Luna of one of the five packs. I could bet some of them really have been looking forward to that day.