Chapter Twenty Five

Eh... have no excuse for being late, really... and late is a rather midl term to use...

Enjoy, Comment, Vote! ;P

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 25

Ashton

I don't know what I wanted, or expected her to do. I didn't know how to react. Was she still in the berserk mode? Had they done something to her that was too much for her to deal with? I didn’t know. But I never expected what she did.

Her body began to shake as her transformation begun. It was slower than it usually would be. I didn’t dare move as she finished changing and leaned into me, grabbing onto the front of my shirt. “Ash...” She whispered, and I could see a tear make its way down her face.

I drew back, making more space on the couch, but she misunderstood my action as her face changed into a mask of pain. “You... you don’t want me?” I growled and quickly drew her into an embrace, dragging her onto the couch.

“I’m sorry. It’s my fault. I wasn’t fast enough. I’m sorry.” I whispered as I hugged her closer. I didn’t care she was naked, it didn’t make me feel wrong or embarrassed, I just wanted to hold her, to feel her next to me and know that she was really safe.

She didn’t say anything, cuddling closer into me and burying her face into my chest, out of my sight. Nothing moved for a couple of moments. The whole world seemed to be on pause, and what jerked it back into motion were her sobs that quickly grew in strength.

“Shhh. I’m here. I’m here. I won’t let anyone hurt you.” I whispered, kissing her hair as she refused to look up at me. No matter what I said she refused to listen to me. I didn’t know what to do. So I did the only thing I could. Held her closer. “It’s all right, Belle.”

“N-No. I-It’s n- not.” She whispered between the sobs. The words hurt me. Did that mean she didn’t want me anymore? That she just wanted to go back to France and forget all about what has happened? Could I let her go? “A-Alpha said I can’t be in the ceremony anymore. Just like Becky.” She muttered and I stilled. It couldn’t be right.

“Does that mean he... did he...” I couldn’t say it, and I could see the pain my words inflicted on her immediately regretting my stupidity for asking such a thing in the first place. I wanted to make things right, but she beat me to it.

“He... I’m not mated yet.” She breathed, taking hold of her actions as her face took on the hard edge I didn’t like. She managed to push down her sobs. She put her hand on my chest and slightly pushed me back, enough to look into my eyes. “But he...” She bit back the tears and sobs that began to rise again before finishing. “He did touch me. And... if you don’t... don’t want me anymore I...”

I didn’t want her to finish that sentence. I just wanted to hold her. To pretend nothing happened so that I don’t have to face rules in case the Alphas really decide to kick her out of the competition. And only one thing kept me from being selfish: She didn’t deserve it.

So I did the best second thing: I kissed her. She flinched under my touch and her eyes went wide. I could see a glimpse of her wolf as she pushed me away, panting as her heart beat increased. I didn’t think, again.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered looking away and drawing away from her, unable to face the gaze in her eyes that clearly sung of what she had to face. Her breathing calmed down again. And I felt her put her hand over mine.