Chapter Nineteen

Well, I hope we didn't make you wait too long :P Here's the next chapter! :D Enjoy!

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 19

Ashton

I stared at the closed doors, feeling utterly empty inside. I could hear her sobs, and while I could tell each ripped away a small piece of my heart the numbness that seemed to envelop me made it impossible for me to feel it.

I tried closing my eyes, shutting myself off from the world, but not a single part of my body worked the way I wanted it to. I knew that once I was jerked out of the numbness I’d experience the pain I was currently unable to, that it would all break down on me, that’s why I embraced it, the numbness, allowing it to take over completely.

The door in front of me opened for a second, and I slowly raised my head to face Meddie. She looked at me in shock, wincing, when she saw the look on my face. Her face was tear stained, and there were even more tears making their way down her cheeks.

“Ash, I...” She sobbed, but I didn’t feel sorry for her. A part of me I’d rather ignore ravished in her pain, while the other wanted to sooth her. Caught between the two I did what it seemed like I always did nowadays: nothing. “I didn’t want this to happen.” She muttered and something finally snapped in me.

I looked straight into her eyes, allowing all of my pain to flood me. “Well it did.” I choked out. “And if you think I hurt her before... You just took the number one place among every single person that has ever hurt her. I hope you’re happy now.” I finished, my voice was dead and void of emotions as I uttered those last words and turned around, facing Reece that glared at me with pure rage seething behind his eyes.

“You will apologise to her, right now!” He shouted, getting into my face. Apologise to her? For once, I had no hope I might actually be able to mend things with Belle and he expected me to apologise? He was just as guilty as Belle’s so called best friend, and he dared talk to me like that?

I didn’t even know when I decided to move, but in one fluid motion my feast connected with his nose, he stumbled back, and I punched him in the stomach. He doubled over in pain and I used the chance to drive my knee into his stomach again, pushing him away.

Meddie screeched and jumped to his side, while I simply walked away. I didn’t know where I was going, I just knew I had to get outside of the house or something even worse might happened, or rather I could have done something worse.

Girls were waiting downstairs, laughing and chatting as they waited for the boys. Cole was already there, flirting with a large group of them. Everyone seemed to still when I walked into the living room, because of the blood on my right hand or the look on my face, I didn’t know.

Lily covered her mouth and quickly pushed away the other girls as she made her way to me. “A... Are you hurt? Ash? Answer me!” She pleaded as she took my left hand in hers. I stopped and stared into her eyes for a second, and I didn’t like what I saw in them, it would have been so easy to lose myself in her warm caring eyes.

I pushed her away, perhaps a bit rougher than I should have. “Not now Lilly.” I growled, making my way past her as I went. She looked down, covering her face so that I don’t see the hurt that was probably written all over it.

Another person I hurt. Another heart I was probably breaking. I hated myself.

I rushed out of the house, suddenly running and shifted even before my feet hit the grass. I howled. It was a pained sound that pierced the light of the day, seemingly making it darker, at least for me it did as I dashed for the cover of the trees.