Chapter 13

They ran up and out of the castle, and onto the grounds outside. They ran around to the back where a ton of ivy climbed up the cliff side.

"Come on climb to the top." Said Kal.

However the moment he put his weight on the vines they gave away, and he fell forward into a tunnel. Looking up he came face to face with a skull.

"Holy Shit!" He yelled.

Kal jumped up and extended his blade, as Conner came running in.

"What happened!" He asked. "Holy shit!"

Looking around the whole cave was littered in bones, with a few skeletons impaled on spear's. They were surrounded by the victims of Vlad Dracule.
Walking forward the bones became more gruesome, and fresh.

"Impossible!" Said Kal. "These bones must be hundreds of years old."

"Actually they are very fresh." Said a Voice, with a heavy Romanian accent.

They turned around to see a man in his mid-twenties, six foot three, slicked back black hair, sharp face, and black eyes.

"Who are you?" Conner asked.

"Ze bigger question is who are you, and why are you here in ze catacombs of ze impaled?"

"Who we are doesn't matter, and why we are here doesn't concern you." Said Kal.

"Oh but it does!" The Man chuckled. "You may not yet of realized it, but this is my abode."

Kal had an idea of who this man might be, but the mere thought was impossible. He decided that it might be wise not to piss this guy off.

"My Name is Kal Storm. My bisness is my own. Now who are you?"

"I have gone by many names, a few well known ones are Vald Dracul III, The Impaler, and Dracula." Said the man, now recocgized as the deadliest man in history.

One thought kept repeating its self through Kal's mind.

'shit'

Without thinking Kal ejected his hidden blade. Moving faster than humanly possible, Vlad had Kal pinned to wall, with his hand around his throat.

"I'm going to make something very clear too you. I have been an ally to the Assassins for the Past century but that will quickly change if you make another attempt on my life."

Letting go of his throat, Kal fell to the ground trying to refill his lungs with oxygen. He looked up at the man standing above him with loathing.

"Are we clear?" Vlad asked Kal, who was getting up and massaging his throat.

"Crystal." Kal replied.

They were led to a room full of weapons, and armor, and only a fifth of it was modern.

"Feel free to add anything you like to your arsenal under those cloaks." Said Vlad. "You may not realize it but your going up fifty to one in this little battle of yours."

With that they combed through the artillery each adding new weapons and protection to they're collection. Kal added ballistic knifes, replaced his lost sword with a real samurai sword that he could tell had been folded many times to remove any impurities it might have. This sword would not break easily.
Conner added a few of same things as Kal, only he chose a pair of French Rapiers made of blued steel.

"Think we have enough?" Conner asked, taking stock of his weaponry.

"You better be." Said Vlad from behind. "He is here."