Chapter 4

They spent the next couple weeks in Italy on they're honey moon, and came home a few weeks after Christmas.

They sat on the couch as they watched T.V. and the swell in Eveline's belly just starting to show. There was a knock on the door, and Kal went to get it.

When he opened the door Conner came in.

"Hey Kal are you, and Ev busy?" He asked.

"No. Come on in." Said Kal, wondering what was up.

They went into the living room where he just came from, and Eveline was sitting up with the movie paused.

"I have something to tell you that concerns you both, well show actually."

He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a photo, and handed it to Eveline. As she looked at it her whole face went pale.

"Kal!" She whispered, but might as well screamed it as he heard the terror in her voice.

He rush over, as she handed him the photo with shaky hands. He took it, and as he looked at it, he crushed the photo as his hand clenched in anger. The man in the photo, was the same man who killed his parents, and Eveline's mother and sister.

"Where is he?" He asked, holding his anger at bay.

"Egypt." Conner answered, watching his friend.

"You should go." Kal said, without looking at him.

Conner turned to go, and just before he walked out the door Eveline called to him.

"Wait!"

Conner turned to look at her.

"Thank you." She said.

He nodded, and left.

The two of them stood in silence, before Kal spoke.

"I'm going after him."

Eveline nodded.

"Then I'm coming with you." She said.

"No. Your not." He stated.

"Yes I am!" She almost yelled.

"No your not!"

"He killed my sister! And mother!" She yelled.

"He killed my whole family! I'm not going to lose you as well!" He yelled. "I'm not going to lose you. Neither am I going to lose my unborn child."

Eveline stared at him as she finally realized how much he had lost. She was all he had, and if he lost her then there wouldn't be any reason for him to keep going. She still had a father, and other extended family. He had been alone for 10 years.

"Ok. I'll stay." She said, as she sat back down.

"You will!" He asked.

She nodded.

"But I have two conditions." She said, looking him straight in the eye's.

"Anything."

"I want you to take Conner with you."

"And...?" He asked.

"I want proof that this man is dead when your return." She said.

"My return will be your proof. I will not return until I kill that son of a bitch." Said Kal, with an iron will.

She nodded believing his words. Then she got up and hugged him.

"Be careful, be safe, don't take any unnecessary risk's."

"I will try." He promised.

In the life of an assassin there is always a chance things will go wrong.