Chapter 12

Kal woke up to see Eveline smiling at him.

"Morning Babe." He said, propping himself up on his left arm. "How do feel?"

"Hmmm...I feel good." She said, still waking up.

"How about the baby?" He asked.

"She's doing great."

"She?" Kal asked.

Eveline nodded. "I went in for the ultrasound a month and a half ago. We're having a girl."

"Wait! How long have I been gone?" Kal asked.

"Two months."

"I'm sorry." He said. "I should of called."

"It's ok."

"So have you picked a name?" He asked.

"No. I have a few ideas, but I wanted to discuss them with you."

"Ok then, let me hear them."

"Well I was thinking Amanda, Tessa, Jasmine, Amy, or Elise."

"Those are all good names, but I like Snow."

"Why Snow?" Eveline asked.

"That was my mothers name." Said Kal, with a sad smile.

Eveline reached out her hand and cupped his cheek in it. Which he reached up to hold there.

"That's a beautiful name, and lets make her middle name Persephone."

"Was that your moms name?" Kal asked.

"No. It was my sisters."

"What was your moms?"

"Becky."

"Ya there is no way we are naming our daughter Becky." Kal said trying to hold back a laugh.

"Agreed." Said Eveline, who was doing the same.

Unable to contain it any longer, they both burst into laughter. As soon as they calmed down, Kal kissed his wife, and got out of bed. He got dressed into his freshly laundered gear, and cloak. Looking down, he saw Sirius looking up at him.

"What are we doing, today boss." He sent, with a tilt of the head, wagging.

"Stay here and protect Eveline." Kal sent back.

Sirius's tail stopped wagging.

"Aww..... no fun?"

"She'll feed you beacon bits." He sent to the disappointed pup.

That cheered the pup up, and he went running over to Eveline who was feeding her own pup Luna.
Kal stepped out of his room, and into the hall where Conner was waiting.

"So what's the plan?" He asked.

"Well first things first. We find the chalice before Eric." Kal said, laying out the plan. "Second we kill the son of a bitch, then destroy the chalice."

"Sounds like a plan, and I know just where to start." Said Conner with a grin.

"Well?" Kal asked, getting impatient.

"The tomb of the impaler himself."

******

They walked through the ever twisting tunnels, that led to the grounds of the Impalers Castle. When they reached the trap door, they each climbed up, but were caught off guard when they climbed out.

"Get on the ground! Don't move!" Said a few voices, as men appeared around the corner.

"Well which is it. Get on the ground? or Don't move?" Said Kal, while hiding a smirk.

"Get your smart-ass down on the ground now!" Yelled the man in front of them.

Kal felt a sharp pain as someone beat the end of their gun into his back, and fell to the ground. Through teary eyes, he watched as Conner received the same treatment, and both of they're arms were tied behind their backs. They were then lifted and dragged through the halls and down a few stair ways until they reached the dungeons. He felt the impact of the floor as he was dropped on his face, and the slam of the cell door as it was shut and locked. Groaning he tried sitting up, but it wasn't easy to do with his arms tied up. Flexing his wrist, his hidden blade extended and severed the rope.
The guards had taken all his weapons, except the ones that were well hidden. Getting up he made his way over to Conner who was laying in a fetal position, and was sporting a split lip. Cutting his friends bonds, he helped him up.

"How are you holding up?" He asked.

"Fine thanks. They took my weapons. All I have is a dozen or so throwing knifes." Conner replied.

There was a soft wine, and some shuffling as Ghost stuck his head out of a hidden pocket in his masters cloak.

"How the hell did you get in my cloak!" Conner nearly yelled.

He grabbed his pup by the scruff of his neck and pulled him out of his pocket.

"I told you to stay! You dumb-ass!!"

Kal shook his head in silent laughter.
Suddenly he had an idea!

Looking out into the hall. Down a ways was a rack that held the keys.

"Conner I need Ghost!"

"Why?"

"Just give him to me."

Conner handed over his pup, who was now looking at Kal intently.

"Ok Ghost, I need you to do something very important." Said Kal, looking the pup straight in the eyes. "I need you to fetch the keys on the rack over there."

"Will I get a treat?" Ghost sent, with a twitch of his nose.

"You will get a plate of bacon the moment we return home."

Ghost jumped down and slipped through the bars, and ran over to a stack of crates next to the key rack. Jumping up, he climbed the crates until he was level with the rack of keys, and jumped knocking the keys off the hook. Getting up, he picked the keys up in his mouth and trotted over to Kal and dropped the keys at his feet.

"Good Boy!" Said Kal, as he scratched Ghost behind the ears.

Ghost licked his hand, and wagging ran back to Conner, who had a look of disbelief on his face.

"How did you get that wolf to listen to you!" He asked.

"Guess it's an Alpha thing." Said Kal, as he unlocked the cell and took off with out explaining.

Conner followed close behind.