Chapter 8

They arrived in Transylvania just as the sun had finished its descent, and the full moon was rising.

The two climbed down the stairs leading from the jet to the pavement.

"Master Storm. Master Miles. Velcome to Transylvania." Said a well dressed man, who looked to be in his forties. "Ve hope your stay is ah pleasant one. I am Arron Holms. I will be taking you to where you will be staying."

Kal couldn't help notice his accent. It reminded him of the old Dracula films he used to watch.

They walked over to a short limousine, where their gear was being loaded into the truck. They got in as Arron started up the car.

"So you are assassin's from ze American Assassin corp's no?" Arron asked.

"We are." Kal answered.

Arron nodded.

"Here in Transylvania ze assassins wear black hooded cloaks, along with the rest of their gear. You vill find them upon entering your chambers. They vill help keep you vorm, as well as keep ze rain off you."

They traveled for about twenty minutes, before coming up to the gates of a stone built mansion, with gargoyles on the roof, and a statue of a weeping angel in the front yard.

They were led inside, and up to their rooms. As promised on their beds was a black hooded cloak, with a warm velvet lining, and pockets and straps to hold extra weapons.

They thanked Arron for his generous gift, and Kal asked if he might be able to receive another to give to his wife.

"Vell of course! of course! You are velcome to give one to your wife." He said with a broad smile. "Anything thing you need, just ask and it is yours!"

"We could use information on anyone who has arrived in your country." Said Kal, as he put on the cloak. "Particularly a man by the name of Eric Vanderbilt."

He gave him the photo he had in his pocket.

"This man arrived here about a veek ago. He's been looking for something, and hasn't seemed to find it. Voot ever it is, it must be important." Said Arron, as he handed back the photo.

"We were told he was looking for a chalice." Explained Kal, as he took back the photo.

"Good heavens!" Said Arron, as he crossed himself, as if he were to ward off something evil.

"You know of what we speak?" Conner asked.

"Indeed. It is a relic of power. It is said to bestow on ze drinker long life, but voo ever is near by will rapidly age as their life force is drained from them, and is given to those drinking from that wretched cup."

"Do you know where it is?" Conner asked.

"It is said zat ze chalice was buried with Vlad Tepes himself, there are also rumors that it was destroyed. No one knows vear it is."

"Then we must keep him from finding the chalice. We need a way of getting around. Is there a mode of transportation we can use while we are here?" Kal asked.

"There are tunnels all through Transylvania, and you can use them to get anywhere in a matter of minutes." Arron said, leading them to a trap door that opened up to the underground pathways.

"Do you know, where Eric is staying?" Kal asked.

"He is staying at ze Cassa du Dracula." Said Arron, handing them a map of the tunnels. "Vith that I bid you good night."

"Lets get some rest." Said Conner, looking out the window seeing the sun rise. "We will need to bring our A-game tonight."

With that the two went to bed.