Chapter 15

"Eric!" Kal spat, with every ounce of hate he could muster. "10 years, since the day you ruined my life. 10 years I was left with out my parents. I'm here to pay you for what you've done to me, and my wife...with steel."

Kal lunged at the monster before him, sword flashing like lightning. Eric managed to deflect most of the strikes as they were clumsy and thrown in anger. Kal was furious but he stepped back to cool off so he could fight with a clear head.

"Is this the best you can do?!" Eric said mocking him. "You fight like a child!"

He then launched his own attack against Kal who now has calmed down and was thinking again. Kal blocked each attack and only received a few cuts from Eric who was fighting with two short swords. They continued to fight back and forth until Kal saw an opening as impatiently Eric lunged forward to stab at his throat. Ducking slightly the blow went over his head, and Kal grabbed hold of Eric's arm and extending a hidden blade on his left arm stabbed into his waist. Eric cried out in pain as Kal flipped him over his shoulders and threw him onto the ground. Not giving Eric time to recover he grabbed his sword which he had dropped when he had pulled off the take down just then, and thrust the tip under Eric's chin.

Eric just chuckled.

"What are you waiting for boy? Kill me already. Unless you don't have the balls to do so!"

Eric cried out as Kal ran the tip of his sword through his shoulder and twisted it around, tearing muscle and tendons in the process.

"I want to know why you did it!" Kal said, in a steady voice that held promise of more pain to come.

"Your father used to belong to our organization before turning on us and joining the Assassin Corps." Eric said through clenched teeth.

Kal twisted the sword again. Eric screamed.

"What is your organization?!" He screamed into Eric face.

"We are hunters! We hunt down mythical artifacts, artifacts of power! Your father stole a few from us when he ran. I was sent to get them back. When your father refused to tell us anything, I killed him!"

Kal wrenched his sword out of Eric's shoulder, and stabbed him in the groin. Eric shrieked in pain.

"That was for my Mother!"

He sliced off his nose. Eric continued to wreath in pain, now clutching at his face.

"That's for my Father!"

He stabbed both lungs.

"My wife's Mother and Sister!"

Eric was now spitting blood trying to breath.

"And this one is for me."

Extending his hidden blade he stabbed Eric through his skull. Killing him in seconds. Kal slumped to his knees. He lifted his hands that were covered in blood. They were still. Stone still. He didn't tremor with guilt. Reaching for the cord around his neck he yanked it off. Holding his fathers ring in his hand, he slid it onto his own finger.

"Father you've been avenged."

Kissing his fathers ring, he stood to leave. He turned to see Connor standing at the door.

Not saying a word Connor nodded. It was done. They left the carnage behind them and soon Transylvania entirely.

On the plane home, Kal sat with his wife and their wolf pups lay sleeping in their laps. Connor had asked the attendant out on a date when they where aboard, and was discussing what they were going to do when they land. Eveline had her hand on her baby bump, and Kal couldn't help but feel content. Everything was alright at last.