Chapter 7

It's been a month of searching the valley, and Kal was restless. They had been staking out, and waiting for them to appear. Still there was no sign of the man who had ruined Kal's life. They were about to give up and look somewhere else, when something caught Kal's eye. Standing guard outside one of the tombs was a Caucasian man, dressed in combat gear, and sported an assault rifle.

He woke Conner up as he had fallen asleep.

"Yo man, why you gotta wake me up, from a perfectly good sleep?" He asked, rather annoyed.

"I think I've found them."

Conner got up, got his weapons ready, and joined Kal on the top of the sand dune hiding the camp. Once he spotted the guard he got down.

"Have you waited to see if the guards switch shifts?" He asked.

Kal nodded.

"How long until the next shift?"

"Two hours."

The two came up with a plan, and when the guards shift ended they made they're way over to where the guarded entrance was with out being seen. They came up from the side and when the guard wasn't looking, Kal snuck up behind him, and covered the guys mouth as he stabbed him in the back with the hidden blade. Releasing the guard, Kal pulled out a 9mm with a silencer, making sure he had three extra clips on his belt ready. They made they're way into the tomb with out problem until they came upon a camp with a few dozen soldiers and a group of men that looked like they were chipping away the wall.

"Put your backs into it we're almost through." Said a soldier, over seeing the men.

Kal and Conner hid behind a wall as they watched the event taking place.

"I don't see him." Kal whispered.

"Well these guys aren't archeologists so they either work for him, or they're grave robbers." Conner whispered back. "My bets are on the second, but I have a feeling that its both."

"Then lets figure out who's in charge, and integrate him." He said.

"Lets catch him first."

Figuring out who was in charge wasn't hard. He was the one barking orders to everyone, and he was earning glares from everyone in the tomb.

"I found our man." Conner whispered.

"How do we get to him?" Kal asked.

"Leave that to me." Said Conner, as he went back outside.

Kal was beginning to wonder what he was up to, when there was a loud boom. Everyone stopped what they were doing.

"What are you morons waiting for! go find out what's going on!" The leader, yelled at the soldiers.

More than half of them left to find out what was going on.

"Genius!" Kal thought. There was only ten guards left.

Using the 9mm, Kal shot and killed six guards in rapid fire, reloaded the gun, and killed the last four, before they could even lift their guns to defend them selves.

"Who are you! What do you want!" The leader of the now dead men asked.

"I want to know where this man is, and I want his name!" Said Kal, shoving the picture of his parents murderer in the man's face, while hold him at gun point.

"I don't know who that man is!" The man said, his eye's betraying him.

Kal shot the mans knee.

"Don't lie! TELL ME!!!" Kal shouted at the man, now crippled on the ground.

"Ok! Ok. Please don't kill me." The Man begged.

"Tell me, and I might consider it!"

"His name's Eric Vanderbilt. He's taken men to Transylvania." The sorry excuse of a man said, as he cowered.

"Why is he there! What is he after!"

"A chalice!" The man said quickly. "I don't know the full details, but its suppost to have some sort of power."

"Thank you. You've been most helpful." Said Kal, as he brought the back end of his gun, down on the back of the mans head.

Kal went back outside, where he found all the soldiers dead or knocked out. He looked for Conner and found him slumped against the tombs entrance way, bleeding and unconscious. Rushing to him, Kal picked him up, and threw him over his shoulder. He carried him over the sand dunes, and back to the car. Once he was in the car, he grabbed their gear, and threw it in the back. Wiping the sweat from his brow, he got in and sped off. Conner regained consciousness five hours later.

"Where are we?" Conner groaned, as he sat up straight.

"Three hours from Cairo. How are you feeling?" Kal asked.

"Like shit. My heads throbbing, and I'm sure I've got shrapnel in my arm."

"Well you'll have a bit of time to recover. We got some more ground to cover." Said Kal, as he turned on the air conditioning.

"Where to?" Conner asked.

"Transylvania." Said Kal, with a weird grin.

"Man that grin is going to give me nightmare's." Said Conner, as he went back to sleep.

Kal turned on the radio as they sped down the highway. When they got to the airport he helped Conner out, then grabbed their gear, and handed it to the pilots who put it in the jet, as he climbed on board.

"Where to sir?" The pilot asked

"Transylvania." Said Kal,

He pulled out his iPod, and went to the artists and stopped on skillet. There's was just something about listening to they're song monster this time that he found to be funny.

He looked over his seat only to find the flight attendant, who's name he learned was Ariel (which was ironic), and Conner lip locked.

Suddenly feeling like an intruder, Kal turned back around in his seat, and not for the first time since he left found himself wishing Eveline had come.