Chapter 49: Triangles

I was gonna end this story soon with a happy ending, but then I was like naaaah.

The story lives on, and so does my Thanksgiving break hence the lateness.

I love y'all tons!

Be rad.

ASK ME A QUESTION ON MY GET TO KNOW THE AUTHOR STORY PLEASE

Have a lovely day/night.

Odia's POV:

I immediately wiped the tears from my face as I face the host club, "What the hell is this?!" I demanded.

"You're... you're...you're-" Tamaki panted.

"Spit it out, Blondie!" I yelled.

"You're... allergic to oak!" Mori panted out as I stood unaffected on the oak floor in the oak cabin.

"No...I'm not." My head quirked to the side, and then it clicked, "Wait... that's why you guys are here?!" I couldn't hold in my laughter as I clutched my stomach in the floor.

"TAMAKI!" The host club glared at their king.

"I'm... allergic to cedar." I managed in my laughter that was cut off by a sneeze caused by the cedar in the air coming into the cabin, "Oh, I hate- achoo- that"

"You guys, cedar is getting in!" Haruhi pointed out.

"Tamaki, you idiot." Kyoya seethed.

Mori had an unidentifiable look on his face while seemed perplexed on what to do as I sneezed a bit more, then he rushed the host club into the kitchen, shutting the door behind them.

"Wait-achoo- what the hell-achoo-?!" I groaned as Kyoya scooped me up way too effortlessly considering my weight as he walked me upstairs away from the cedar.

"I swear, Tamaki's so stupid." Kyoya muttered as I struggled in his arms.

"I can walk-achoo-you know." I added as my sneezing was slowing down, "I'm fine, I just get sneezy." My sneezing had ceased by the time he gently sat me on the bed I woke up in.

"Your complaining is not needed." Kyoya said with a teasing smirk on his face.

"Oh, shut it." I rolled my eyes as I crossed my legs, then looked down, "Hey Kyoya?" I asked as he sat next to me.

"Yes?" He guided my chin to turn so that my eyes locked with his.

"Do you... mean it?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Odia." He spoke as he took my hand in his, "I love you."

"Do you? I'm the opposite of what you want though. Yeah, I'm successful, but not by legal circumstances, I'm not polite, I'm not a pretty Asian girl with a thigh gap, I'm sure as hell not a lady, I also-"

"Have a big mouth, horrible language, complete disregard for manners, and absolutely no sense of shame." Kyoya finished as my face fell into a pout.

"Gee, thanks for the input." I spoke sarcastically, "Look-" 

A knock on the door cut me off to reveal Kaoru, "Can I talk to you?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure." I blinked and looked at Kyoya, "Bye." I waved to the hesitant guy in glasses as he walked away with a sour look.

Kaoru sat next to me on the bed uneasily, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, fine." I lied, "Why?" 

"Well... when we came back after New Years, I saw you holding the card." Kaoru spoke uneasily.

----

"This came for you." One of the newest maids handed me a flat package.

"Oh, that's weird." I mused, "Thanks." I smiled to the maid as she bowed and went about her work.

I opened the yellow packaging to reveal a small box and a card with English, Japanese, and braille writing,

"Dear Odia Araneae Soliz, Forgive the mix of writing, as we're not sure what you read better." I read the card subconsciously out loud as I touched the braille,

"We just want to wish you a Merry Christmas, and we hope you are doing well. We miss you a lot, we really do, and we have nothing but our apologies for taking so long to reassure you. We hope to get the courage to see you one day, if we are ever able to face you, and if you allow us. We are both very healthy now, and we are proud of you and Rubro being so brave and carrying on the same business we once were in. Seeing recent pictures of you and him have really struck us. You've grown into a beautiful woman. Remembering how much you like the number four, we sent you four items as Christmas and Birthday presents. Sorry it's taken so long to say again, but we love you.

Mom and Dad"

I opened the box to reveal a black Sterling silver ring with an opal stone shaped into a crescent moon, a black silver ring with a garnet stone on it shaped as a spider, a navy sterling silver ring with a pearl shaped into a star, and a navy silver ring with a skeletal white stone shaped as a crown. I put the first on my right middle finger, the second on my left middle finger, the next on my right index finger, and the last on my left index finger. The box had a small piece of paper in it:

"Opal and black for your favorite color and birthstone, Black and garnet for your "kingdom", navy and a pearl for staying precious, and navy and skeletal for spiritual growth. A moon for looking after a small sun, a spider for your business, a star for being so distant, but shining, and a crown for being a beautiful princess."

I hadn't realized how much I was crying until my hands looked like they had been rained on,"But why couldn't have you called?" I whispered, "You guys remembered everything I told you as a child, but you still haven't called or seen me." I sobbed into my hands.

----

"Oh." I fiddled with the rings as I looked down.

"I know your mind must be reeling with Kyoya and your parents..." He trailed off.

"Do you know what it's like to see again after years of darkness?" I looked up at him with teary eyes as he shook his head, "Terrifying-no, horrifying. It's one of the scariest things I've been through. I didn't know who would be sitting in front of you when your eyes open and see. All I saw was a doctor as he handed me glasses. Nearly everyone that's ever cared for me were only there when they felt like it, but I still cared for them with everything I had. My parents refuse to see me, because it's shameful to be around me for them, my brother's only concern is marriage, and Kyoya probably found some business gain he would get by being with me, and I don't even know if I still feel the same about him." Tears warmed my cheeks as my teeth clenched, "Everyone either cares about Araneae, the mafia princess or Odia Soliz, the honor student with business connections, or Odia Araneae Soliz, the girl who her parents sold off to an old pervert!" I cried, "Why can't anyone just care about Odia, a 16 year old girl who likes the arts and cats?" I sobbed as Kaoru held me to his chest while I clutched his shirt with tight fists.

"It's okay." Kaoru cooed as he softly pet my hair as I looked up to lock eyes with him as he wiped a tear away with his thumb, "Honey, Mori, Haruhi, Tamaki, Hikaru, maybe even Kyoya, and I all care about you, Odia, a lot. You like cats, dark colors, insulting Tamaki, and you're a beautiful teenager with a sharp mouth and a great heart." He gave me a reassuring smile as we stared at each other.

My hiccuping of sobbing had ceased as I gave him a weak smile as he gave me a light kiss on my forehead like he did the few times he'd seen me crying. 

Next thing I know, his hands are on both sides of my face, and his lips slammed onto my own.