Chapter 31: Chance

So many chapters done whooo. Yeah so I finished these like three days ago.

You guys are going to hate me, so I'M SORRY in advance.

Ugh its August already.

Why is school so close?!

It hurts.

Plus it's super hot.

Stupid Texas.

Anyways, be rad.

Love y'all

<><><><><><><>

Odia's POV:

"What?" He asked as I looked down at my lap.

"I've said that three times in one year now." I stared at my skirt as my voice cracked.

"H-How-"

"My mother and father are... well they... they're in Boston nowadays." I closed my eyes for a moment, "My mother was really really sick, but she would always talk to me about life in general while my father worked all hours in the day to continue buying her medication, but we were barely making it. Eventually, my father had to choose: save his wife, or give away his kids, since kids are expensive to take care of. My father sold us to a very old, disgusting man, who gave him a good price for my brother and I, in exchange for giving us a place to stay. That buyer died within the year. Now, my parents don't wish to see my brother and I, since they feel responsible for everything Rubro and I have gone through." I could feel tears forming as I blinked furiously, "I don't hold them responsible in the slightest, I just wish to see them again."

"Odia-"

"I should-I should go, Rubro's probably worried." I stood up as I rushed to the door, "Tamaki, don't make any idiotic decisions, okay?" I spoke before I walked out the door.

My mother and father.

I always found it easier on myself to pronounce them dead. It hurts less to have dead parents who can't see you, as opposed to breathing parents who don't want to see you. Blaming myself is all I'm left with if I think of them living in shame of things they shouldn't be shameful of. I used to be angry, I really was, but regardless of the decision they made all those years ago, I know they still loved my brother and I-

"Odia!" My thoughts were cut off by my brothers voices.

I looked up, "Brother." I breathed as him and my cousins approached me.

"Odia, why are you-" I cut him off as I hugged him tightly.

"Princess, are you okay?" Ranginu asked as I let go of my brother.

"Just fine." I lied, "You guys go back to talking up the buisness owners. I just need a cookie and some fresh air." I told them as we walked back to the festival room.

"Oh, my, Odia, look at you." I heard a happy female voice.

"Oh, hello Mrs. Hitachiin." I bowed as she sighed, and tilted my chin up.

"Now, now, I told you to call me Auntie, rember?" She gave me a smile, "Oh your face, still so pretty even after fainting, I'm jealous." She giggled.

"Thank you, Mrs.- I mean Auntie." She gave me a tight hug.

"How cute you are!" 'Auntie' exclaimed, "Now I can see how you're Rubro's little sister!"

"Mother, you're scaring her again." The twins captured me from their mother.