Chapter 11: Breathe

"H-Haruhi?" I asked meekly as I poked my head out of my room, and she looked at me shocked.

"Odia! You came out of your room and you're dressed!" she said referring to my week of one word replies and three day weekend of solidarity and sweatpants. I was now dressed in fishnets, black shorts, black combat boots, and a black DC Heroes t-shirt. I had a red hairband and in my hair, and I had my new black rimmed rectangular glasses I made.

I laughed a bit, "Yeah, I'm going out with Nekozawa today to catch up and play him piano like I used to." I smiled.

If I were to say I felt better, I would be lying. I had been avoiding Kyoya for the past week and I felt numb. I haven't cried since that day, but it's mainly because I feel as if my lacrimal glands have gone into a state of paralysis.  I didn't want Haruhi to worry of me, so I ddcided to go out with Nekozawa to a very shady area in the park, since he hates sunlight. I was hoping to get my tears out too, just so I can feel something.  I smiled at the thought of people's faces when they see a cloaked man hugging a girl in a shady area of a children's park.

"Good! I'm glad you're going out! Have fun, Odia." she waved as I left.

I pranced to the park to an area that had a deep shadow cast over it by many trees in the corner of the park, but still very much in the public eye, with a cloaked figure there sitting on a bench. I smiled as I saw the keyboard he set up, and I ran over to him. I jumped on him as I hugged him.

"I really needed to see you." I smiled softly as he instantly knew I was sad.

"What happened?" He asked sadly as he still carried me.

"Nothing but me having possible feelings for a boy who said harsh things a few days ago." I sighed, and hopped off him, "But I'm so tired of not knowing how to feel, so I need to feel the music I will create for you today. I need to feel something other than sheer frustration with a dash of confusion." I smiled as I pressed on one of the keys.

"Then feel." He smiled as I played.

----Time Skip----

A small crowd of children and a few bystanders had gathered around me and Nekozawa after hearing my music, and it accidentally turned into a mini concert.

Kyoya's POV:

Its been 10 days since ive heard a full sentence from her mouth, and it's killing me. I was dozing off as the host club showed up at Haruhi's and now we were walking back from the commoners market.

I suddenly heard Tamaki's voice, "Where is Odia by the way?"

"She's with Nekozawa-senpai." Haruhi said as Tamaki stopped in his tracks along with the rest of the hist club.

"My poor daughter!" He yelled tragically.

"Why is she with him?" The twins asked.

"Not sure, she's locked herself in her room this weekend. I'm just glad she's going out." Haruhi shrugged, "I've heard her singing though, and it's beautiful." Haruhi said with a smile as we continued walking.

"I want to hear her!" Honey cheered.

"I didn't know she could sing." The twins pondered as I notice Haruhi glaring at me... she knew.

We soon saw a small crowd of bystanders around a shady area of the park, "What is that?" Honey asked as we walked over there to see Odia with a small smile on her face as people clapped. I haven't seen a happy face of hers for a long time.

She looked up in shock as she noticed the crowd, "Wow, you guys doubled in size. Well hello, my name is Odia and this accidentally turned into a street performance." she blushed at the amount of eyes on her, "Well, here goes nothing." she said as she began playing a slow song I didn't know, but her voice was as beautiful as I remember.

I was lost in the sounds of her voice as I saw her small smiles in between words, her dimples slightly showing. She soon finished, and looked behind her, "I'm gonna let my friend here choose the last song." she said and then turned around to a dark figure, Nekozawa-senpai, "...fine." she sighed, and turned back to the piano, "This was a song I played a lot as a kid." she said with a small hesitancy as she played the opening,

____

she finished with a sigh as my eyes were wide.

"Well, I'm gonna go walk in the woods while my friend talks to his... cat." she chuckled,  "You've been great, and thanks." People clapped and she smiled as she walked away I tapped Tamaki who was starstruck,

"I'm gonna go talk to her, go without me." I said, and he nodded. I slipped away to see Odia laying down in the grass where there was a field just beyond the woods. She was staring at the sky as the sun was setting.

"Odia." I spoke, and she jumped as she sat up.

"Who the- oh." she looked at me, "I-I'll just leave now-" I cut off her stammering.

"No, no it's okay. I wanted to talk to you." I stood next to her.

"Wh-Why?" she choked out.

"I-uh- don't know." I said, why am I here?

She sighed, and stared at the sky, "I want to disappear sometimes " she said, "When I was a kid, since I was living the nightmare, I was never familiar with the whole 'prince charming crap', I was the only person who could save myself, but I was a kid. A stupid kid. I couldn't save myself, but I had no one to save me, so I wanted to just be gone. Unfortunately, I made a promise to a friend that I would do no such thing. I've been stuck in a sea of self hatred for so long, and then I met you." she said, and my eyes widened.

"What do you-"

"You made me feel like I was something. It's stupid, and pointless. We were just a simple production of horomones,  how stupid of me to get attached." she shook her head, "But you were pulling me up with your smile. Oh, that smile." she gave a small smile of her own, "And I could breathe again, but then you let go, and drowned the crap out of me. Merciless, careless, and with so much cruelty. Now, I can't breathe. I can't even feel anything. I'm numb. I'm choking, but I want to thank you." my head sprung up.

"Thank me?" I looked at her as she stood up, and began walking my way.

"For giving me a moment to breathe." she smiled a bit, "Don't worry, Kyoya, I'll leave you alone. I just needed to get that out." she touched my cheek, and I got the chills, "Such a pretty smile." she said softly as she looked down and walked away.

<><><><><><>

I hate me too. I love y'all though♥ commenting would be rad as well as following! ♥♡♥♡