Chapter 18

"People say 'never give up' but sometimes giving up is the best option because you realize you're wasting your time."

⚜️
Dear Peter,

For most of my life I tried to be someone you could love. I made myself smaller so that you could be the bigger person in the relationship. I put you above everyone else, my mom, my dad, my entire family. I also gave up my dreams of starting a family because you weren't ready.

How could you do that to me?

You are out living your life with another woman while I stay home wondering when you'll come back to me. I'm tired Péter, too tired to even try to fight anymore. The pain, misery and lies is just too much to handle.

I just can't do it anymore so, you win Peter. Congratulations, you've taken everything away from me just like you wanted.

I was the perfect wife. I cooked, cleaned, supported you, and gave yup everything just to be with you. People would kill to have someone like me...but it's still not enough.

Maybe I just wasn't meant for you. Maybe you deserve someone better than me and I'm okay with that because I give up. I'm tired of trying to meet your expectations. I've finally accepted the fact that I just wasn't enough.

Can I ask you for one last favor though?

Can you tell my family that it wasn't their fault and that I love them more than anything else in the world. Also please don't blame yourself, none of this was your fault...it was mines.

I wasn't good enough and that's okay. I hope you find someone that's worthy of your heart and love. And when you do find her, please don't make the same mistakes I did.

Goodbye Peter, I will always love you.

Sincerely,
Aurora

⚜️⚜️⚜️