Chapter 10

"A liar's worst enemy is someone with a good memory."

⚜️

Peter didn't believe that the baby was his. She might not be lying about being pregnant but he knew damn well that that's not his baby, but he decided to humor her so he invited her back into his house. "How far along are you?" He asked and handed her a bottle of ginger ale.

"Three weeks." She replied confidently.

"Are you sure? Positive?"

"I'm positive Peter, you can check with my OB/GYN."

"You see Chiara, that's where I'm a little confused because three weeks ago I wasn't having any sex at all. My wife died over five weeks ago and that's when I broke things off with you, so therefore I am not the father of the baby your currently carrying."

"Peter this baby is yours, doctors get the dates wrong all the time, if you don't believe me we can get a paternity test." There was no doubt in her mind that the baby was Peter's.

"I just want to know why you think the baby is mines."

"Your the only person I've been sleeping with." Peter couldn't hold in his laughter when she said that, it was the biggest lie he ever heard. He had a vasectomy when he first started having an affair with Chiara. Of course he did it behind his wife's back which made him feel horrible about it now but still lucky that he didn't get this sociopath pregnant.

"Chiara I had a vasectomy when we first started sleeping together so there's no way that baby is mines, now I think it's time for you to leave." He couldn't believe how mentally unstable this woman was. She's trying to trap him with a baby that's his.

"No, no that's not possible. THIS IS YOUR BABY!"

"If I ever see you again I will get a restraining order against you." He said and forced her out of the door slamming it shut.

The woman belonged in a mental institution. First, she wont accept the fact that he doesn't love her and now she's trying to trap him into a relationship with someone else's baby. Even if the baby was his he still wouldn't be with her. He would pay child support but that's it.

The next day Peter went back to the office but he didn't get any work done. He was physically able to go back to work but not emotionally so he spent the day sitting in his office reading more letters.

Dear Peter,

You missed another one of my birthday parties and I don't know why I'm surprised. Whenever you have to go to a party or a charity event you assume I will go and that's because I always do but when I need you, you never show up. People ask me where my husband is and you know what I say, "oh he's busy at the office" and that's the truth your always busy screwing you whore. I rarely ask you for anything Peter and even when I do, you don't do it. I asked you to stop your affair and you didn't. I told you I wanted to start a family but you didn't want to. I came to all your events and gatherings and all I'm asking you is to show up for mines. I should've left you a long time ago and its actually starting to sound like an option now. I think its time to start considering divorce.

With much love,

Aurora

P.S. I will always love you.

⚜️⚜️⚜️