Chapter 11

"When I shut my mouth and turn to walk away it doesn't mean you've won. It simply means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

⚜️

When Peter got to the door of his pent house he seen that the door had been left open which he doesn't remember doing, so he called security to alert the police. He pushed the door open and walked inside careful not to make any noise. Everything was broken, all the tables and picture frames were smashed to pieces. Then all of a sudden Chiara walks out of the door that leads to his home office...and she was holding a bat.

"YOU THINK YOU CAN IGNORE ME?" She screamed like a lunatic while Peter was just standing there shocked and appalled. "YOU THINK YOU CAN DENY YOUR OWN CHILD?" The police came in and saw both of them. Waiting for someone to say something.

"Arrest her officers." Pete said.

"Miss you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney, if you cannot afford an attorney one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights that I just read to you?"

The police officer escorted Chiara out of his house while the other one took pictures of the damage. Peter decided to press charges and get a restraining order against her so she will be out of his life for good. The police assured him that she would be put away for a long time.

He knew he couldn't stay at the pent house so he grabbed the box of letter and some clothes and went to check into a hotel. When he got to his room he ordered room service and started on some more letters.

Dear Peter,

I don't know what happened today but it must've been something good. You said the three words that I've been longing to hear. Words that I haven't heard in a long time. It felt like the first time you said it to me. My heart fluttered or skipped or whatever all I know is that I seen the man that I married. I seen the man I fell in love with. Maybe you finally broke it off with Chiara. Maybe you finally realized that you don't love her and that you love me. I miss this Peter, I miss having a husband and when you came home today you were that man.

You told me we were going to dinner tonight and I couldn't have been more happy. I have the love of my life back and I'm never going to lose you again. Your the love of my life Peter, your the light to my darkness and the day we got married was the day I tied my soul to yours.

I'm so glad that you came back to me and I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you as a happy married couple. Always remember that I love you Peter.

With much love,

Aurora

Peter remembered that day like it was yesterday. It was the day that his company closed the biggest deal in history. He was so excited he rushed home ignoring Chiara and told his wife that he loved her and was taking her out to dinner. But he also remembered what happened during the dinner.

Dear Peter,

Every thing was going great until you had to invite her to sit down. It was one thing for her to run in to us and it was another to actually offer her a seat at my table. Tonight was just supposed to be us. Not us plus your mistress. I thought we were finally going to fix our marriage, that you were done with her. Did you really have to rub your relationship with her in my face? When you finally said you loved me I believed you...again. But there might not be a next time.

With much love,

Aurora

⚜️⚜️⚜️