Chapter 8

"A single lie discovered is enough to create doubt in every truth expressed."

⚜️

Aurora's POV (Before she died)

There's a saying by Buddha, "Three things cannot be long hidden, the sun, the moon, the truth." It means that the truth will always come out, no matter what. People might think that they can get away with lying but they cant. There's always someone that knows the truth. Do you know what it feels like to be lied to? To put all your trust in someone just to have them betray you in the end. My entire life has been a joke. My parents marriage, my marriage, my life. The love of my life cheated on me. He ripped my heart out and stomped on it.

Sometimes I find myself thinking, what if I didn't exist? Would my family be happy? Would Peter get to be with Chiara? Maybe, maybe not. My life makes no sense to me anymore. What's the point of sticking around if no one cares? If I died today would anyone say anything? My therapist says that every life is an important one, but what if the exception is me? Everyone is important but me.

I look at myself now and only one word comes to mind. Pathetic. I'm the epitome of pathetic. I stay with the man who breaks my heart over and over again. I'm pathetic, insecure, sad, depressed, I'm everything I wasn't before I met Peter. I don't know why I stay with him. Every time he told me that he would end it, that he would leave her I believed him. I believe him every fucking time and each time a little piece of my soul dies. My marriage is over and I need to accept it, I need to accept that he doesn't love me anymore. I may not be the love of his life anymore but he's still mines and if he wants to be with Chiara I will let him but I wont be around to watch him be with another woman. And the only way that can happen is if I'm not alive.

⚜️⚜️⚜️