Chapter 15

"The sorrow we feel when we lose a loved one is the price we pay to have had them in our lives."

⚜️

Jasmine

It's my fault, it's all my fault. If I wasn't so caught up in my own marriage I could've been there for her. If only I was there for her, maybe she wouldn't have killed herself.

I was a horrible sister.

I should've been there, I should've noticed the change in her behavior, especially towards the end. Maybe that's why she stopped coming around. She knew we would be able to tell that something was going on with her.

I never liked Peter, I could see through this good guy persona. He had everyone convinced that Aurora was the luck one when actually, he was.

She was perfect. I always wanted to be like her.

When I read the letter she wrote to me, I felt a part of me die too. I wasn't there when she needed me most. After all the times she's been there for me, the one time when I wasn't there turned out to be the most important.

The pain that was expressed through the letter brought my whole world down. She was my twin, my best friend, my sister, the other half of me and now she's gone. Just like that...because I wasn't there to help pick up the pieces of her broken heart.

I was living happily in my marriage while she was suffering in hers. I'm the worst sister ever.

...

Third Person

Guilt.

That's all Jasmine can feel. It was consuming her from the inside out and she couldn't do anything about it. She knew she wasn't the cause of Aurora's pain but she still wasn't there to help.

The only other emotion she's been feeling other than guilt was anger. Anger towards Peter and Aurora, but most Aurora.

Jasmine warned her that Peter wasn't good for her, that she could do better but she didn't listen. She was too madly in love with him to believe any bad thing said about him. But that's not the reason she's mad. She's mad because Aurora didn't come to her.

When they were younger they made a pact that no matter what they would always be there for each other, to always be honest with each other. That's what pisses her off. That she felt like she couldn't come to her and tell her the truth about everything that was happening.

Maybe she didn't want to burden Jasmine. Or maybe it was a pride thing. The only one who can truly answer the question is Aurora herself  and the only way that can happen is for Peter to keep reading the letters.

⚜️⚜️⚜️