Chapter 1

"Marriage does not guarantee you will be together forever, it's only paper. It takes love, respect, trust, understanding, friendship and faith in your relationship to make it last."

⚜️

The pain of his wife's death weighed down on him and broke him to the point of no return. He winced when he thought of all the things he did and said to her. The name calling, the cheating, the yelling and the abuse was too much for her. She put up with him for years but one day she just snapped.

His wife's funeral was two weeks ago and he still feels like crap. He deserves this he thought. He deserved to be alone, after everything he did to her he wanted to be the one dead. Aurora deserved better to be treated like that, to be treated less than the princess she is...was.

Peter got up and went to the bathroom. He splashed some water on his face and stared at himself through the mirror. He had dark bags under his eyes under his eyes and his skin was pale in color. He had vomit on his shirt from his trip to the bar the night before. In short terms, he was a disaster.

The guilt was eating at him from the inside out. He didn't eat, he didn't work, all he did was drink and cry, drink and cry. He thought about ending it all but he knew he couldn't get off that easily. He has to suffer for what he did to her, he deserves this and all the pain that comes with it.

Today he was supposed to pack up his wife's things and mail it to her parents. He could've just dropped it off since they only live half an hour away but they didn't want to see him. Even though they didn't flat out tell him that it was his fault her parents believe it was. Her twin sister Jasmine was the only one who called him out on her shit. She told him it was his fault, she screamed it at the burial and everyone looked at him with more pity than ever.

Peter got up and went to her closet to pack up her things. He started with the top shelf that contained her scrapbook boxes. She was always bright and bubbly. She was into arts and crafts and she was a successful wedding planner, so evidently she had a lot of boxes with stickers and glitter and a lot of other decorating stuff.

He got to one box and he recognized it as one of his grandmothers that's he gave her on their one month anniversary. It was a medium pink metal box with a black ribbon around it. She told told him she sent it to get polished a while ago and he completely forgot about it.

Peter grabbed the box and moved it to their bedroom. It had a lock on it and that surprised him. When he gave it to her it didn't have one and she never kept secrets from him so he didn't understand why there was a lock on it and curiosity got the best of him so he started looking for the key.

It took and while to find it but when he did it puzzle him. It was the key. On their one year anniversary he gave her 'the key to his heart' the key symbolized his love for her but it didn't actually open anything, so when it unlocked he realized she had a lock specifically made for the key.

He opened it and inside were multiple of letters addressed to him. He picked up the first one and started reading.

Dear Peter...

⚜️⚜️⚜️