Regionals

Piper's POV

The day went by, regionals were here and even though Finn is no longer upset at me, things are different between us. He's no longer too expressive with me and we talked but not even close to as much as we did before. Basically, things were cool but I was dying inside. I really miss him.
I never thought that a commercial would lead to a broken friendship with Finn. I really have to fix this, but how? I need him back. I miss spending time with him. I miss him helping me chill, I miss him looking at me.
So, the first round of regionals is Hip-hop. This is the dance that I really thought I would get to perform but in the end I didn't. I see Noah, Henry, Kenzie, Summer, Jacquie and Finn getting ready to go on stage. I can't help but think that this would be a couples dance if I had made it... And if Finn and I were a couple of course.
Finally, TNS go on stage and music starts.

Finn is killing it. I mean, everyone is, but I can't take my eyes off him.
During the girls section, boys run to the other side of the stage.
From where I was, I smile at him giving him thumbs up. He smiles from there just before going on stage again.

Now it's time for the contemporary group. I would say I'm not nervous bout this dance but I am. More specifically about my aerial. I hope everything's ok.
So I am getting ready to go on stage and Finn stands next to me, looking at the stage.
- Pipes - he says.
- yeah?
- Good luck. Don't be stressed. You're going to nail it. Remember that you're amazing - he says. I'm kind of surprised. In a good way. Even when he's upset he's still here for me.
- Thanks. - I say.
We go on stage and the show begins.

The tension gets higher as the moment gets closer. I have to nail my aerial. I HAVE TO.
The moment has come. I'm too nervous. I can't think. I jump to do my aerial... But I land with my knees instead of my feet. I messed it.

Finn's POV

Poor Piper. I can see her from here. She's so distracted now. She looks so miserable. I wish I could run into the stage and hug her.
They finish the dance and walk to the backstage section. I whisper her name.. but she doesn't even look at me. She just walks away from everyone else. I just follow her as the next dance starts.
I find her at the entrance of the building. She looks so down. I know we haven't really talk lately but I still care about her. I still like her. So seing her like this kills me a little bit.
- Piper...
- I just wanna be by myself right now.
- Pipes, it's ok. We've all had embarrassing moments before.
- No! Not like this. - She looks down.
I have to help her. I can't stand seeing her cry. Suddenly an idea hits my face.
I walk a few steps away from her. I take a breath and...
- FRUITY MOONS, FRUITY MOONS 🎵🎶 SING A LITTLE TUNE, FRUITY MOONS, FRUITY MOONS 🎶 ...
I sing as loud as I can. I see Piper smiling and I know I accomplished my mission.
- Let's go watch Noah and Richelle's duet. - I offer my hand. I hope she takes it.
- Ok - she says still smiling. She takes my hand and we walk together.
I almost felt tickles in my hand all the way to the backstage section. When we arrive, I let go of her hand but she immediately takes my hand again. She looks at me and I look at her and that said more than a thousand words.
Maybe it wasn't all in my head.