CHAPTER 22. GREAT MISTAKES

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SLEPT WITH ELIJAH." I yelled at Zola.

"I'm so sorry...... I didn't think you would care if you got Ethan back." She said apologetically.

"Yeah why do you care Zoey?" Ethan asked with accusation in his voice.

"Not the time Ethan." I said with out even looking at him. I knew this was probably going to start another fight between me and him. "What were you thinking Elijah? How could you do this?" I angrily asked. He quickly scurried out of bed and scrambled to put his pants and shirt back on. Zola slipped into my bathrobe. She could barely look at me...... She just continuously looked down shamefully, and Elijah knew he hurt me. He was able to look at me, but only for a few seconds at a time.

"I'm really sorry Zoey." Zola said still trying to beg for my forgiveness. I couldn't stand it anymore, I grabbed her by the hand and pulled her along behind me. I led her to Elsa's room since it was empty at the moment. I shut and locked the door behind us.

"Zoey I said I'm sorry." Zola said. She sounded terrified. She flinched at every little movement I made. I couldn't believe she thought I was going to hurt her over something like this.

"Why did you do that Zola? Why did you sleep with Elijah?" I demanded.

"I know I shouldn't have slept with him while pretending to be you, but I've had a crush on him ever since I first met him, and when he was in there checking on 'you'....... He just started saying all these nice things, and then he kissed me. I know I should've stopped him, but I didn't because I knew it would be my only chance to ever be that close to him again." She explained with a blushing smile.

"You slept with him knowing he didn't have feelings for you?" I asked disappointedly. Her smile faded.

"I thought after he found out it wasn't you that maybe he would end up developing feelings for me." she said. I was so disappointed and upset at her that I was being furiously angry towards her, but suddenly my anger vanished and I was just worried about her. She is my twin sister who just came back into my life and we finally started to bond. I didn't want this to make us angry at one another again. I didn't want Elijah to be the one who ruins yet another relationship of mine. I took a deep breath before replying.

"I'm not mad that you slept with him. I've done told you that I don't have feelings for him. I even went all the way to Paris just so I could get Ethan back. Elijah and I....... We're nothing more than really good friends who just so happen to share a complicated past with one another." I said. I could hear a little sadness in my voice and I wasn't entirely for sure why.

"Then why did you get so angry at me?" She asked confused.

"A lot of reasons." I said with a sigh. "For one you let him believe you were me when you slept with him. It took me forever for him to stop trying to force his love and feelings on me, and now I'm probably going to have to start all over again." I added. "You know I just got Ethan back and our relationship is still on very thin ice, and this isn't going to make things better at all......... But most importantly I'm upset because I don't want to see you get hurt." I explained. I saw the confusion and shock in her eyes. She definitely wasn't expecting me to be so calm about all this or give any of the responses that I did, and to be honest I wasn't really expecting that from myself either.

"How am I going to get hurt from sleeping with Elijah?" She asked after all the shock disappeared, leaving only the confusion.

"Because what if he doesn't feel the same way about you? What if he only slept with you because he thought you were me? It's going to crush you if your in love with him and he feels nothing towards you." I said. I saw that I crushed her spirit. I immediately felt terrible. I didn't mean to be so harsh on her, I just don't want to see her get hurt by him.