CHAPTER 10. WAKE UP CALL

I knew I was starting to regain consciousness when I started to hear conversations around me. I wasn't quite sure where I was at.

"So do you know what's wrong with her?" He asked. I could tell that was Elijah, his voice soft, concerned, worried.

"Well from everything you've told me and everything she's been doing..... I would say she's depressed." He said. I didn't recognize that voice. That must've been Dr. Howard everyone has been talking about. He sounded smart, and confident. His voice was deep, but smooth.

"What? She's a werewolf, she can't be depressed!" Elijah said anxiously.

"Look she doesn't even remember how this happened to her. She has to go by what you tell her. Then she found out she can no longer like or even be attracted to the guy she's been in love with majority of her life because the guy who got her in this mess is the same one she has to be with forever. She almost lost control of her wolf in front of her siblings only to find out they've been supernatural beings for two years. She has been keeping her distance from her friends in fear she might hurt them and they're upset at her because they don't know what's wrong with her. She now has to learn to share her body and mind with a 5ft 7in wolf. She also found out being a werewolf has brought more dangers into her life and she didn't have any choice in any of this. Her sister doesn't like her at the moment. She can't reject her unwanted mate for an entire year and she has to join his pack in order to do so. That's a lot for anyone to handle within a week and a half time frame. That's sounds like depression to me, but what do I know I'm just the pack's dr." The dr explained.

"Okay fine..... how are we supposed to fix a werewolf who's depressed about being a werewolf?" Elijah asked frustrated by the dr's long sassy proof of my depression.

"Well you can't separate them without killing one or both of them.... so I suggest getting them on the same page." The dr said confidently.

"How do we do that? He asked confused.

"Well put her in a fake situation where  her wolf is the only thing that can save her..... only thing I can think of." He said scribbling in a journal.

"You want me to fake a near death situation where her wolf is the only thing that can save her, and that's supposed to make her okay with being a werewolf?" He asked hesitant of the dr's statement.

"Well try it, if it doesn't work, I'll come up with something else. Bye now." He said with a big fake smile, as he turned to leave.

"Wait?" Elijah said stopping the dr in his tracks. The dr turned back towards Elijah.

"What?" He asked frustrated.

"She should be healed by now, why isn't she waking up yet?" He asked concerned.

"Her wolf is more than likely just trying to make Zoey pay for trying to kill her. I can sense that her wolf is kind and forgiving. She will heal her before her injuries go any further. I'll send Brandie and Christian in here to compel the humans to forget everything they witnessed today after Zoey wakes up." He said as he walked out the door.

"I can't believe she just tried to kill her wolf!" Jada said repulsive, with her arms crossed.

"You know what..... I'm done playing this game with you Jada. She's our sister, she's hurting and your not helping, your just making things worse. It's not up to you how she handles her wolf. Instead of judging her you should've been there helping her. Your the only wolf she knew that wasn't born a wolf. You could've helped her in so many ways that all the other wolves couldn't. She didn't know how to handle things because this came out of no where for her. So stop being so stuck up about something that doesn't even concern you and help her for crying out loud." Sonny yelled before storming out the room.