CHAPTER 11. LYCAN ATTACK

The lycan was towering behind us. Slobber oozing from his fangs. A lycan was a type of weapon. In the books, no one knew for sure how lycans came to be about, but their only guess is scientist's somehow captured a werewolf and an experiment went wrong. This one was a light brown. His eyes black. A lycans teeth are coated with vervain and wolf venom, if it were to bite a vampire it would kill it. The lycans claws are coated with wolfsbaine, if it were to scratch or claw a werewolf, it could also kill it. It would be a slow and painful death. It would take days for the poison to spread throughout your body before it would completely kill you. You can't heal from it. There is a surgery you can go through, but it's not always effective, especially if it's not done in time.
He was staring at us both, he was growling very low. His breathing was always heavy. They breathe through their mouths instead of their noses, which makes it harder for them to breathe, but not impossible, and also causing a lot of slobber. A lycan kills anything in it's path. It's a miserable creature. No one knows it's purpose, but no one has ever lived to tell the tale of an encounter with one either.

"What do we do?" I Whispered to Elijah as quietly as I could. I don't know why we were whispering, this creature was part werewolf. He could hear us. Elijah just stared at me and gave me a slight nod. He wanted us to run. I knew that anything we chose to do would most likely end badly, but I didn't feel like now was the time to argue about which way we were going to try and escape. I took a deep breath, me and Elijah shifted into our wolves quickly and took off running. The lycan followed closely behind.

I was so terrified, me and Elijah were literally running for our lives. I felt how terrified my wolf was, and we could both feel how terrified Elijah and his wolf was, which scared us even more. We ran along side Elijah. We had a slight advantage being able to run on four legs, but our slight advantage wasn't fast enough. He was on our tails. He would've caught us about 3 different times by now if he didn't keep stopping to try and swipe at us with his claws or snap at us with his teeth. When he swiped at us he took a few peices of our fur off of our tails, but luckily his claws didn't penetrate our skin.
A tiny scratch would be all it took to kill us. We were running through trees, easy for us to hop over or crawl through, not as easy for the lycan, so we were about 10 feet a head of him now, but we couldn't stop yet. Elijah slowed down a few paces, I thought he was crazy but I assumed he knew what he was doing, so I slowed to his pace. He gave me an angry glare and a growl, which made my wolf shiver a little, but we figured he didn't want us to slow down so we sped up again. We were running directly in front of him, we turned our head slightly, looking back at him while we were still running. He sped up a little, and got on the opposite side of us that he was on previously. We looked at him, his wolf smiled at us, which made my wolf happy, she smiled back, a huge grin, baring all her fangs and teeth.
All of a sudden Elijah rammed my wolf in her gut with his head, which sent us hurling off the cliff and crashing into the river beneath us. It took a minute or two to return to the surface. When we reached the surface, it was hard to paddle against the current. My wet fur kept getting in my eyes, I could barely see through it. My wolf managed to wipe the fur out of our eyes just long enough for us to see Elijah staring down at us from the cliff. He looked behind him, the lycan was starting to catch up, he took off running in the direction we came from.
Me and my wolf was so hurt and upset at him, we couldn't understand why he would push us off the cliff. My wolf struggled to keep above the currents. The currents pulled us under, causing us to crash into a giant rock emerged underwater. I felt our ribs crack. My wolf scrambled back to the surface and let out a loud whine. Our cracked ribs healed themselves quickly. It felt weird. We realized, that even being a giant wolf, we wouldn't be able to swim against the currents. We relaxed our body and swam the same direction the currents were pulling us towards. We were able to stay above the water a little easier. The sounds of the rushing waters began to get louder. We soon realized there was a waterfall up ahead. We tried to swim against the currents again, even though we knew we didn't have a chance.
We neared the edge, and slipped down the waterfall. We plummeted into the bottom of the waterfall. We inhaled a lot of water, and smashed our head against a small rock, knocking us unconscious. Our body floated to the riverbank. After about an hour, we woke up. My wolf scrambled weakly to her feet, coughing up all the water we inhaled.
My wolf shook her entire body, shaking all the excess water from her fur until it was damp, almost dry. We looked around and didn't know where we were. It was like a prairie, with a small patch of trees. It was dark so we didn't have to hide out, but we needed rest. We went and laid down beside a big tree. We had to rest and get our strength back. Even though we were mad and upset at Elijah, we hoped he was okay. Me and my wolf fell alseep. After about 3 hours, we heard a faint noise that instantly woke us up. We raised our head, with our ears alert. We focused our hearing to see if we could make out the noise.
We heard a howl somewhere in the distance, for some reason we had the urge to howl back. It felt amazing to howl, it was like my wolf was singing. We didn't hear the howling anymore after we had howled, so we laid our head back down on our paws. For the first time I wasn't so caught up in my emotions to be able to see things through my wolf's eyes. I was one with my wolf at this moment, and to my surprise it was beautiful and felt amazing.
The soft green grass danced in the wind. We could see all the little dew drops on every blade of grass. If we focused on something, we could slow the time down and watch it in slow motion. The wind blew through my wolf's fur, it felt amazing, peaceful. I could see further and notice the smallest details. Everytime me and my wolf moved as one, I felt powerful. At this moment I could tell we were as one, because I felt extremely powerful. If it wasn't for her I would be dead by now. I decided it was time to stop being so hard on my wolf, and give her a chance without all the hatred and anger getting in the way.
All of a sudden we heard twigs snapping and the grass crunching as someone or something approached us. We jumped to our feet with our head held high, and ears alert. We saw a wolf approaching us. We sighed with relief when we realized it was Elijah. The relief quickly faded and turned into worry, when we noticed he was limping towards us. We both shifted into human forms so we could talk to each other. We were both naked, I was upset for a brief second remembering how my pretty dress had been shredded previously, I wasn't expecting to have to change into my wolf that night, but things don't alway go as planned. Like how Elijah had gotten injured. His breathing was heavy and he was drenched in sweat. He had a giant scratch that was outlined in blisters, down his right leg, and his leg was swollen.