CHAPTER 18. ELSA

"I think she is in danger of becoming a lycan." Nora said. Her words echoed through our minds. We were all stunned by what she was saying. We were all thinking there is no possible way that could be true.

"Mom you can't be serious." Elijah said with a scoff.

"She's been Keeping herself locked in her room for days at a time ever since she found out about Samuel." she said.

"Well can you blame her? Look just because I forgave you doesn't mean she has yet. Elsa is the type of person who is capable of holding a grudge against someone for years. I'm pretty sure she is still just upset at you and don't want to be around you." Elijah. Said.

"Yeah I could understand that for the first month and maybe even up to 6 months, but it's been a year. I honestly think she's doing drugs and is in serious danger of becoming a lycan. Please Elijah, something just doesn't seem right about this." she insisted. I could see that she was genuinely concerned, but Elijah for some reason was not buying into this. I was a little curious myself to know why Elsa hasn't come out of her room in quite some time.

"Don't worry Nora, we will go check on her." I insured her.

"Thank you Zoey. Please let me know how she is holding up." she said sincerrly.

"Will do." Ethan said.

"Mom you better be serious about this, you know how she gets when someone accuses her." Elijah said crossing his arms, still not really believing her. Nora left on that note. Elijah turned his attention towards me. "You don't think my mother is just jumping to conclusions?" he asked, still annoyed.

"Regardless if she is or not, one thing she is right about is Elsa has not been seen but a handful of times since she found out about Samuel. It's not going to hurt to check on her and put Nora's worries to ease. Besides your the alpha now, and it's your job to make sure everyone in your pack is safe, so if there is a possibility that one of your pack members are in danger, then it's your job to ensure they're not." I said. He rolled his eyes by my remark and a slight smile sketched across my face.

"Fine I guess your right. Let's go." He frustratingly admitted. The three of us made our way upstairs to Elsa's room. We arrived at her door. Elijah put his ear to the door to see if he could hear anything. It was dead silent. He knocked on the door. "Elsa, it's me Elijah. Can you let me in?" He said. He waited a minute, but there was no answer. "Come on Elsa, I don't have time to play games." He said becoming frustrated once more. No answer. "Okay Elsa, I'm being serious. Let me in NOW." he let out an alpha command growl. It was nearly impossible to ignore. There was still no answer, I was starting to get worried that something might actually be wrong. Ethan and I shared a concerned glance at one another before returning our attention back on the door. "Okay I'm giving you to the count of 3 before I bust this door down. 1........ 2........... 3...... okay I'm coming in." he said. Ethan and I backed up against the wall. Elijah took a step back and forcefully kicked the door open. The door split in the middle with a giant foot shaped hole, the door went flying open. We stepped into the light shaded purple room, almost lavender colored. It reeked. We looked around only to find empty vodka and tequila bottles scattered across the floor, and a half empty bottle on the night stand beside her bed. There was about 5 empty pill bottles on her bed with a handful of used needles. Elsa was spread out across her bed unconscious.
       Elijah rushed to her side. He sat on her bed right beside her and pulled her body into his lap, cradaling her. A complete look of fear and panic shot across his face. It was a terrible sight. Elijah placed his two fingers on the side of her neck. A tear raced down his face when he couldn't feel a pulse. He laid his head down on her chest, he started sobbing when he couldn't hear a heart beat.

"Elsa..... Elsa come on please wake up......" he pleaded as he gently shook her trying to wake her up. Ethan hugged me, placing me into his chest. Comforting me. Elijah was in denial. He kept feeling her neck and listening to her chest, just waiting to be able to hear or feel something. Suddnely he let's out a gasp and a twinkle of hope shines in his eyes. "I can feel a pulse.... It's starting to get stronger!" He exclaimed. Suddenly she starts having a violent seizure. Elijah's struggling to get a grip on her. We rush over and help him get her on her side. The seizure lasts a little longer than finally eased up. After the seizure is over we turn her back on her back. She starts gasping for air, breathing in as much as she can at a time. We sat and watched, waiting for her breathing to return to normal. "Elsa are you okay?" he asked. She sat up, scooting out of his lap and to the edge of the bed. She looked around.