Chapter 20

~Songs of the Chapter: 18 by 5sos | Jealous by Nick Jonas~♡

I flicked the lights on, revealing my dad sitting in the arm chair.

"Why so late?" He asked again. I let out a breath that I didn't notice I was holding in.

"I thought you were someone else." I breathed out. He raised his eyebrow at me.

"Who did you think I was? Has there been other boys in this apartment?" He questioned. I rolled my eyes and went into the bathroom, ignoring his questions.

"Why are you even here?" I asked, grabbing my toothbrush and squirting some toothpaste, I heard my dad explain from the other side of the door.

"Well I tried to call you but you wouldn't-" He started but I cut him off.

"My phone died."

"Well you could've at least used someone else's phone!" He insisted.

"Right! Because any stranger would be more than happy to let a 17 year old teenager use their phone!" I shot back sarcastically. The toothpaste landed in the sink before I could get the toothbrush to my mouth, making me groan.

"Yeah, whatever. Where were you anyway?" He just wouldn't stop with the questions.

"I was with Austin and some other friends." I explained, squeezing some more toothpaste out.

"Who are these 'friends'?" He continued.

Oh my, he's starting to get on my nerves...

"Just friends." I replied, my mouth full of the minty substance.

"What?" My dad asked. I groaned to let him know that he was bothering me.

I spit out the foamy toothpaste into the black marble sink and rinsed my mouth.

"Just friends." I repeated. After I wiped my mouth, I opened the door and saw him sitting on the floor.

"Well, when can I meet these 'friends'?" My dad stood up and followed me into the kitchen.

"Soon." I replied, taking a bite of an apple that was set on the table along with the assortment of fruits.

I strolled into my room, leaving my words hang in the air. Just as I closed the door, I heard my dad's voice one last time.

"There's rehearsals for the tour tomorrow!" He explained, making sure I heard.

That night I dreamt about the tour...and some..."other" things.

***2 weeks later***

-

Carter's P.O.V.

-

"Please! Do it for me!" Austin begged over the phone. His tour started tonight and he has been begging me for over a week to go tonight.

"Why would I want to sit by a bunch of screaming girls, just to hear you sing-when I hear you sing in the shower all the time?" I retorted.

"How do you know I sing in the shower?" He asked, slightly taken back that I actually know this type of information.

"Well, I used to live with you.." I stated the obvious. "Plus, Robert sent me some videos of you singing in the shower." I added with a chuckle

"Oooh that Dingus is gonna get it on stage tonight!" Austin growled. I knew I couldn't miss this, but I sitll told Austin I would think about it.