Chapter 9

~Song of the Chapter: Diamonds - Rihanna~

"So tell me Mahone, Why so pushy today?" I joked.

"This is not a times for jokes! They could be watching us!" Austin scolded. He didn't even look at me.

"Well sooorry Mr.Mahoney!" I said his last name wrong on purpose, just to tick him off a bit, "Just trying to lighten up the mood!"

He sighed as we came to a red traffic light "Look, I know you mean well, but right now is just not the time for playing around! And that thing that you did back there...why did you do it?" He asked in a sympathetic voice. I turned to look at him. His face was pretty cut up but most of the blood was dry. And his shirt was covered in blood, but I doubt its his.

"You promised I wouldn't ask you question, so you don't ask me questions, okay?" I retort.

"Right..." He trailed off. I nodded and leaned against the window. It was around 1:30 AM and I was exhausted. I closed my eyes as the street lights and lights from the city faded away and my mom came into view.

I loved dreaming about her. Every time I dreamt about her, I felt like I got to see her one more time. But the dream always started as something nice and innocent, like playing hide and seek at home.

And it always ended the same way, I was in the car, next to her. We were driving down the freeway on our way home. I always warned her about the car. But she never listened.

We always ended up crashing, even though I told her what was going to happen. She never listened...I woke up screaming and breaking a cold sweat, fresh goosebumps on the surface of my skin.

Austin noticed I had a nightmare so he pulled over to the side of the road and got out.

I was trying hard not to let the tears escape. He went around the front of the car and opened my door. He grabbed my hand and helped me out.

It was hard because my legs had fallen asleep so I could barely walk. We walked to the back of the car and he opened the trunk. He folded the seats back so we could lie down.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he spread out a blanket. He then put pillows next to each other.

"Yeah, but quick question, do you always have pillows and blankets in your car?" I joked.

"Only when I have to rescue girls from a psycho kidnapper" He said sarcastically. I just laughed and laid down. Austin crawled in next to me.

"So is it safe to ask questions?" I blurted out. I instantly wished I hadn't said it. But Austin just nodded. I mentally let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm scared." I admitted. He scooted closer to me as I buried my face in his chest.

"It's okay...we're going to be okay." He assured me. But I still had some doubt that we would make it out of this mess alive. "Why don't you get some rest?"

"I'm not tired." I had slept for a few hours, well not really slept...but it counts.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded. "Do you wanna talk?" I nodded again.

"Why did you save me?" I asked. He thought for a second.

"I couldn't just let them kill you!" He stated. I flinched at the word 'kill'. But he noticed and apologized.

"But the real question is, why did you save Dave?"

"Like you said, I couldn't just him die..." It was quiet for a minute.

"Come here." I said getting up. I've had enough of looking at all that blood on him.

"What are you-" I cut him off by grabbing a napkin from my pocket and dabbing the cut by Austin's eye. He flinched at first but he bit his lip to keep from swearing.

Runaway Baby | Becstinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें