Runaway Baby | Becstin Fan Fiction [~]

Shit I'm gonna be late!, I thought as I parked my car and jogged towards the school building.

Another car parked next to mines, letting me feel a little relieved that I wasn't the only one coming in this late.

I walked down the hall and towards my homeroom.

Just then I remembered I left my stuff in my locker, so I turned around and headed to my locker.

The hallways were empty, mostly because everyone was already in class.

Way to go, Becky! I mentally scold myself for sleeping in. I knew better than to stay up late watching Supernatural. But, how could you resist watching Dean's beautiful face till 3 in the morning?

As I did the combination, I remembered my friend threw my notebook on the very top shelf that I couldn't really reach. I tried tippy toeing. My fingertips brushed the side of the book, but I knew I could never reach it.

Just then I felt someone behind me.

"Need help?" A guys voice asked me. I felt a shiver go down my spine.

"Um...not really, I almost got it" I lied.

"Yeah, sure you do. Here let me help you." The guy insisted, pressing himself against me and reaching over me and grabbing the notebook. I still haven't seen his face or what he looks like, all I know is that he's taller than me.

He got it and moved away from me. Turing around, my heart started to speed up a little. I couldn't believe who it was.

It was Austin.

Austin Mahoney or Mahone, was one of the biggest players in our school. That explains why he was so touchy, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it...

I reached for my notebook, but he moved it out of my reach and made it hover a bit above his head.

"Aren't you going to thank me for getting your book?" He teased, a big smirk plastered on his face.

"Was I supposed to?" I retorted, not wanting to deal with his shit this early in the morning. We've never had a proper conversation, he's never even thrown me a glance in my direction if we walked past each other in the hall. So why only pay attention to me now?

"Well, usually people thank other people when they do something for them."

"Oh really? Like who?" I shot back.

"Like me." He stated in a matter-of-factly tone.

"And when have you ever done that?"

"Lots, it's just that you never see me." He smirked, shaking the notebook teasingly.

"Was I supposed to see you?" Crossing my arms over my chest, he continues.

"Why do you ask so much questions?"

"Why do you still have my notebook?"

"Why haven't you said thank you yet?"

"Why are we still talking?"

"Why are you so pretty?" He blurted out. I was taken back. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"What?" I asked.

"Still waiting for that 'Thank You'." He shook the book teasingly.

"Yeah, keep waiting on that." I mocked. I jumped to try to get it, but he just held it up higher.

"Oh, I am." He smiled. This time it was a real smile. He actually has an amazing smile.

"Just give me it Mahoney!" I whined trying to jump and get it, but failing again.

"It's MAHONE. And still waiting for-" He started but I cut him off.

"Fine! Thank you Austin for getting my notebook and wasting my time!" I spat, but he just kept that stupid smile on his face.

"You're very welcome, we should do this more often." He playfully suggested, although there was a hint of something else in his voice. The notebook was now in my grasp. Before I could get out another sarcastic remark, he was already walking away. He shot me a wink before he turned around the corner.

The bell rang, and I continued to my next class.

Woah, did that just happen?

alright, before you go onto the next chapter, I'd like to warn you that...my writing sucks. This was one of my first books and I wasn't exactly the best writer (I honestly don't even know why people even read this) but yeah, I'm going to start editing it so, I apologize if you run into any errors or grammar mistakes, I will fix them asap. but for now, (try to) enjoy