Chapter 14

~Song of the Chapter: Till I Find You - Austin Mahone~

**2 Weeks Later**Carter's P.O.V.**

I managed to open my eyes but I quickly shut them, due to the bright light. I tried to use my hands to block some of the light but I felt something wrapped around them. I looked up to see what it was and I saw plastic tubes going into them. I realized I was in a hospital so I started looking around. I saw Austin sitting in a chair, looking at me.

"How are you feeling?" He immediately asked. I just shrugged and looked around again.

"Where's Becky?" I asked. He gave me a weird look, like one of those looks that a mother has when their about to tell their little kid that their goldfish died. I started to get worried so I asked him again.

"Um...well...she moved" He managed to say.

"How far?"

"Well, I've never been good at math but I think at least 1,000 miles" He cringed.

"WHAT?! WHERE DID SHE MOVE?!" I yelled. Austin tried to calm me down but I was too upset.

"She moved to Miami but I don't know exactly where!" He said.

"I don't believe you" I mumbled.

"What?! Why?! Do you seriously think I would lie to you about Becky?!" He said taken back. I sighed and shook my head.

"I'm sorry...I just...I don't know" I looked down and started messing with my hands.

"Its okay" He said. "But, someone else is here to see you" His face lit up but I could also see a hint of worry in his eyes.

"Who could it possibly be-" But I shut up when I saw her walk through the door. She still looks exactly the same.

"Carter" She started with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Hi mom" I managed a fake smile.

"I was so worried!" She came to the side of my bed and hugged me. It hurt really badly.

"Oh sorry, I must be hurting you!" She apologized.

"No, its okay" I said.

"How does it feel to have a hole in you? You can see right through it" Austin said.

"Really?!" I asked trying to move the bandages.

"Nah, I'm just messing with you" He laughed. I rolled my eyes.

"Asshole" I mumbled but my mom heard

"What was that?!" She playfully scolded me.

"Ohhh! Carter is in trouble!" Austin said like a 6 year old. So I stuck my tongue out at him

Later that day I was able to leave the hospital. Austin had brought me extra clothes so I had changed into those. I still can't believe that I was in there for two weeks.

My mom had offered me a ride with Austin but I assured them that I could drive back to the apartment. Once they left I got into my car and drove to Becky's house.

When I arrived I saw that Becky's room didn't have any curtains. None of the lights were on, there weren't any cars in drive way, and Spikes little dog house wasn't on the front yard. I took out my phone and dialed Becky's number. It didn't even go to voice mail, it just said that the number was no longer available or something. Which means she probably changed her phone number.