Chapter Thirteen

Third Person's POV~

It wasn't until two days later that the gang took the ship to the Montressor spaceport. Zeizei was armed with nothing but a small bag of her belongings and a wistful dream. Zeizei stepped off the transport, dressed in a jacket that covered her wings with a high collar, and her usual boots, pants, and blouse. She looked around, her blue eyes wide as she took in the hustle and bustle. So much excitement. Zeizei wasn't unfamiliar to the chaos of a spaceport, though she did get nervous because of how many eyes deviated from their day-to-day activities to stare at her. The gray-skinned female was somewhat relieved to have the jacket over her wings. If those crimson beauties were revealed, she would become the center of attention almost instantly. 

Zeizei looked over to see Silver had his hat pulled low over his eyes to hide his face. With good reason. While Zeizei was a constant source of attention, Silver was a wanted fugitive. She knew while people would ask questions about her, they would arrest him.

Zeizei found herself drifting closer to Silver--as if being pulled by gravity-- like a moon around a planet. She felt her lips twitching,  as they demanded her fags to be revealed to the world. She could feel the powerful muscles in her shoulders ripple, as her wings twitched. It was like the bloody things had a mind of their own.

"We're almost there," Jim said with a smile.

Zeizei huffed as she looked around. It was bright, the sky was blue, and she could see the space creatures flying overhead. Zeizei smiled a little, feeling her chest cavity expand to take in the crisp air around her.

It wasn't long before the group was aboard the Legacy, and Zeizei could feel her heart about ready to burst from her chest. She missed being on a ship; she missed it so much.  Her eyes darted around like someone plagued with madness. She knew everything the crew was doing. The ropes, mizzen lines, easing up the sails, pullin' er aft' round. Zeizei lifted her head to watch the crew move about the mast and the crossrows like cats. A smile pulled across her face. It was good to be back upon a ship.

Silver looked over at her and spoke, "Ye look happier than a tot at Christmas." he commented with a chuckle.

Zeizei turned to him and gave a scoff,  "Oh, Mercy. I haven't been on a real ship in god knows how long." She smiled, showing off her fangs, "Tis good to be back with somethin', I know."

"This way, smartly now!" Amelia prompted.

Zeizei followed Amelia, Jim, Delbert, Silver, and Morph into the captain's suite. Amelia stood over a table and placed both hands on it, "Now, to state our course." She reached over with a hand, "Zeizei, the map if you please."

Zeizei stepped forward and presented the feline-like captain with the worn parchment. Amelia took it and opened it up on the table for all to see. Delbert was the first to comment on it, after adjusting his glasses, "I have not encountered runes like these." he said, tracing the map.

Zeizei internally winced as she watched so many people touch her map. Her hands flexed uncomfortably, "Tis me' mother tongue. No one can read it but me."

Amelia looked at her, arching a thin brow, "Then perhaps you can help us by reading it?" she slid the map over to her.

Zeizei dropped off her jacket, letting her wings be seen. She leaned over the map and traced the runes with her fingers, "It says here, the Vulian Asteroid Belt, and before that is the Coral Galaxy. We'll find me homeworld somewhere beyond the Vuilian Asteroid Belt, the map don't specify."

"Well, the Coral Galaxy's a start," Jim said.

"Indeed, that shall be hour heading for the time being," Amelia said before she ran up the stairs and began booming orders to the crew. Zeizei took her map back and put it back in her shirt before she perked up upon hearing the engines beginning to fire up.

Zeizei walked up on deck and watched as the crew ran willy-nilly all over the place.

"Oi!"

Zeizei turned and caught a rope before something clicked. She then turned and tossed the rope to another crew member. She ran about the deck, moving with ease and knowing how to work a ship. It was damn good to get back onto a ship.