Chapter Eleven

As the day reached its peak, and the day crowd left-- thus replacing it with the lunch crowd--Zeizei continued her work, despite the constant bothering coming from BEN, asking question after question: Where did you learn to fight like that? How long did it take you? Who taught you? And so on. Zseizei didn't like to show off her skill to others often, it made her a target. It was, however, disturbing that her map could not only lead to her home world, but it could lead to a possible treasure. Zeizei never herd of there being a treasure at her homeland. Hell, the red-haired alien had never even seen her home world. Her earliest memories date back to her time on the streets, stealing and begging for food. She remembered being called all kinds of horrible insults, after all, there is no beast in this--or possibly any-- galaxy that looked like her.

Besides, Zeizei never even wanted treasure to begin with. She just wanted answers. She'd gladly give any gold or jewels to those who wanted it, so long as she got was she was searching for.

Zeizei stopped her washing dishes, and looked out the window, across Montressor. Her brows furrowed as she walked to the window, she leaned to it, and rested her forearms on the windowsill. Her big, powerful wings were folded to her back, and her red, half-shaven hair fell across her small face. Her long ears twitched as the earring in her ear wavered, the gold that made up the big hoop gleamed and flashed in the sunlight.

Zeizei then flinched and looked over her shoulder seeing Silver standing in the doorway, his mechanical arm resting on the doorframe. Zeizei straightened and turned fully to him, brushing her crimson bangs from her blue eyes.

"Silver." she greeted with a smirk on her thin, dry lips.

Silver looked left, then right, before he hobbled over to her, his mechanical leg clicked and whirred, small hisses of steam came from the joint that formed his knee. He then turned, and leaned against the kitchen counter. He looked forward, before he turned to Zeizei. His mechanical eye glowing in the low light of the kitchen, his eye clicked and clacked with low whizzing.

"That be some skill," he said, casually, not making eye contact.

Zeizei went back to washing dishes, "Ye be a fool not to be skilled in fightin'." she responded lowly, before drying her three-fingered hands on a dish towel.

Silver nodded, "Makes sense." he then looked out the window, "I'd be willing to come along on this quest o' yers." he said, sort of a casual tone.

Zeizei blinked and looked over at him, her eyes widened slightly, her hands froze above the sink, water still dripping from her grey skin, "Wai-Really?" She asked in amazement, "Why?" she asked, confused.

"Well, I am always game for an' adventure." He said with a chuckle, "Also, because Jimbo asked me personally."

Zeizei blinked in shock before she shook her head, "I'll be . . ." she mumbled to herself as she walked out into the dining hall, Silver in toe, "You know ye don't have to, right? I'm not orderin' ye to do this." she said softly.

Silver chuckled a bit, "Consider it . . . a good deed. Jus' pay it forward, Lass." he said.

Zeizei smiled to herself, before she perked up upon hearing Delbert call from across the room, "Zeizei!"

She turned and walked over, "Aye?"

"May I have a refill on my water?" He asked as he held a glass cup up to her.

"Aye, sir!" Zeizei came over and took the cup from him.

Delbert looked up at her, "I dare say that was some magnificent fighting. Where did you learn that?" He asked, referring to the recent event.