Chapter twenty-five

Third Person's POV~

After the group finished eating and put the dishes away, they gathered in Amelia's stateroom. Zeizei hugged herself, watching the feline-like woman walk about the space, her hands folded behind her back.

"This voyage has taken some . . . radical turns." The feline woman began, "But, it has evolved to so much more than a voyage of mere discovery." She paced around the large table top map in the center of the room, "And, I am a firm believer in seeing things through to the end. Not only do we have an unknown race to discover," she looked pointedly at Zeizei, "but we also have a violent crew of pirates who have demonstrated that they are not afraid to hurt, or kill anyone, in order to get what they want."

Zeizei stiffened, that deep sense of guilt returning to her body. She pulled her wings closer to herself. Silver noticed this, and his mouth turned into a frown. Subtly shifting closer, the Ursid gently reached over and brushed his non-cybernetic hand to her arm, offering comfort.

Zeizei looked over at him, her long ears giving an acknowledging twitch, and a slight nod of appreciation.

Amelia continued, "We know that his trading post is bound to have some clue as to what this map entails, and what lies beyond the Vulian Asteroid Belt," she rubbed her chin, "but we must proceed with caution." She turned to Zeizei, "I think it would be best if you kept up some form of a disguise, hid your wings, and remained with me and Master Hawkins." She gestured to Jim, "Mr. Silver will go with Delbert, that way we look less conspicuous. Agreed?"

"Perhaps I should go with the lass," Silver objected, "we work better as a team."

Amelia shot Silver a glare, "Mr. Silver, need I remind you that I am captain of this ship, and when I give an order, I expect it to be followed without question!"

Silver sighed, rubbing his neck, "I understand dat, Cap'n, but Zeizei-"

"John," Zeizei cut him off, "It be alright. I'll be fine with the Cap'n and Jim." she said.

Silver cast her a look, before he heaved a sigh and relented. Amelia nodded, "Jolly good!" She walked over to a cabinet and pulled out a hooded cloak and tossed it to Zeizei, "Get dressed, my dear we have much to do!" she then addressed the rest of the group, "We meet back here in 3 hours. Now, move! Chop-chop!"

Zeizei looked down at the garment in her hand, before she sighed and slid it over her shoulders, tucking her wings beneath the cloak to conceal them. Even this simple task felt wrong for her. Concealing her wings, limiting her sense of freedom. As Zeizei pulled the hood of the cloak over her head, she walked up on deck, meeting up with Amelia and Jim. The three of them departed from the Legacy and once again began making their way into the bustling street of the trading post.

Once again, Zeizei felt this encroaching sense of danger. Too many bodies moving at once, too many possible threats. She stayed close to Jim, her arms pulled close to her person as they wove in and out of the crowds. After some time of walking, Zeizei picked up the pace so she could walk in pace with Amelia, she leaned in close to her ear and spoke under her breath, "Cap'n, if ya don't mind me asking', but," Her eyes glanced around the crowded market, "do ya have any idea as to who we should go to first? It ain't exactly like we can flaunt the map at every tradesman here."

Amelia flashed the older woman a smile, "Not to worry, dear," she said, "I have a contact. We've done business before. Helped each other out in certain situations, and he owes me a favor."

Zeizei stared at Amelia for a beat, before her eyes narrowed, "If this goes south, I will start throwing punches." she warned.

"I know, dear." Amelia flashed her a smirk, "I know."