Chapter Five

The following morning, Zeizei stirred beneath the warm blankets. She opened her eyes then sat up with a long yawn. Her jaw opened to reveal vampire-like fangs, white as the snow that streaked from a comet. She then swung her legs over the side of the bed and yawned again, her muscles bulging a bit. Zeizei then stood up and shook out her wings, she then reached out to grab her bloody clothing but. . . Zeizei was met with a fresh change of clothes. A white blouse and brown trousers. Zeizei blinked in surprise before she pulled the garments onto her body.

Zeizei sighed as she pulled the blouse over her upper torso, having to finagle a little bit to work her wings out from the back. She pulled on the trousers, then the boots before she slipped her map into her boot, and opened the door and walked down the stairs.

Zeizei was greeted by a wave of phenomenal smells, she stopped about mid-way down the stairs and closed her eyes as she sniffed the air. "Well, ain't that the smell of heaven." she mumbled as she finished getting down the stairs.

The Inn was more or less empty, no one sat at the tables, and no one was waiting at the door. Zeizei poked her head out the window and saw no ships at the docks, and none were even coming in. She hummed quietly as she pulled back from the window, and rubbed her sore middle before walking into the kitchen.

Zeizei reached up and knocked on the door frame of the kitchen, "'Ello?"

Sarah looked up, "Oh, Zeizei, good--" she trailed off as her eyes went wide.

Zeizei arched a brow, "What?" she asked softly.

"You have wings?!"

Zeizei tensed and turned around to see Jim and BEN staring at her with wide eyes. Zeizei chuckled nervously, before her wings gave a small shudder, "Aye, guilty as charged, Lad." she said softly.

"Why didn't you say anything sooner?" Sarah asked as she moved about the kitchen.

Ziezei stepped aside, letting BEN pass, "Eh, some things...." she looked away, "are just best left unsaid." She mumbled as she ran her hand through her scarlet hair.

Zeizei then sat down at a table, and Jim sat across from her. The older female alien noticed Jim staring out the window, obviously in deep thought about something.

Zeizei hummed as she braced her jaw up on her palm before she spoke, "Somethin' playin' that mind o' yers, Jimbo?" She asked, cocking a brow and smirking.

Jim seemed to snap out of his trance as he looked over to her, "Wha-? Oh." He chuckled and scratched the back of his neck, "Yeah. Just wondering about an old friend."

Zeizei arched a brow, now interested, "Ole friend ye say? Heh. Maybe I know 'em. I do travel quite a bit. What be his name?"

Jim sighed as Morph floated over, "Silver. John Silver." He looked up "Big ursid Cyborg. Has a mechanical eye, arm and leg." He said, describing the only thing Jim had remotely close to a father figure.

Zeizei rubbed her chin, sorting through her vast memeoreis of names, faces and titles. She then glanced up at him, "Ahh, I herd o' him a few times in passing." She said, "Never seen him though." She added, "I think I'd remember such a character."

Jim's gaze fell, "It's ok. I was just wondering how he was, or if he was ok." He said simply.

Zeizei hummed, "But, the most recent rumor I did hear bout ole John Silver was that he was... in hiding. So, if he's skilled as ye say, he should be alive n' well, Lad."

Jim gave her a faint smile and chuckled, "Thanks...." he then looked up at her, "Hey, you ever herd the story of Treasure Planet?"

"Flint's Trove?" Zeizei retorted, "The Loot Of a Thousand Worlds? Heh. What seasoned traveler hasn't?" She grinned, "An' I be hearin' A rumor that you found it." She poked his chest teasingly.

Jim laughed a bit and nodded. He spend the next half hour telling Zeizei the stories that he and old Silver shared on the voyage that occurred three years ago. Zeizei listened to his every word, since she had nothing better to do, she smiled a bit at Jim. He had that gleam in his eye, the gleam of someone who could rattle the stars.

Sarah came over with two steaming warm plates of food, "Here you are." She set them down.

Zeizei looked down at the food, "Oh, ye be after me heart, Las." She pulled a gold coin from her pocket, "I don't have much but please," she offered the coin, "take this for yer troubles."

Sarah chuckled, "It's on the House." She said, pushing Zeizei's hand—and the coin—away.

Zeizei blinked before she smiled and stashed the coin away, "Ye be too kind, ma'am." She then began eating happily.