Chapter Four

Zeizei's POV~

Lady Luck must be on me side, I'll say that much. I watched as Ms. Hawkins vanished up the stairs, and the glasses-wearin' dog went home. I sat in the chair, and rubbed me gut a bit. It throbbed like hell. I grit my teeth as anger tied a knot in me intestine and I looked out the window again, feelin' me two ladies at me back tremble with wanting.

A wanting to go out n' fly in the night. Caress the colors o' the nebulas n' gaze up at those stars. Me brows furrowed low on me forehead as I turned my gaze to the floor, my hands ballin' up into raging fists. Damn ye, Jack. I thought hatefully as I clutched my torn cuts, Damn ye to the pits of hell, an' be struck down by the powers above.

"Zeizei?"

I blinked and looked over to see the Lad, Jim, standin' at the bottom of the stairs, "You wanna . . . get some sleep?"

I felt a smirk pull at me dry lips, "It'd be appreciated, my lad." I stood up with another wince before walking over to him and patting his shoulder, "Thank ye."

"No problem." Jim said with a smirk.

I sighed as I lumbered up the stairs, wincin' in pain with every step. It hurt. It hurt badly, I tell ye.

Once I made it to the room, I instantly shut the door behind me, and locked it. I then quickly rid me filthy body of me bloody clothes--pullin' off me blouse, trousers n' boots-- before I looked over my shoulder, clothed in nothin' more than a loose undershirt, and underwear.

"There ye be, ladies." I said with a smile, stretchin' me wings to their full, and impressive, length. I smiled as I gazed at 'em. They be my two prized possessions.

Huge, bat-like wings with a grey-almost-black underbelly, a bit ugly-lookin'. But the outside of me wings . . . oh, a brilliant shade of scarlet that reflected the light of the stars like a million rubies. The skin over them was leathery n' thick, with ridged bones between the membranes. They stretched fifteen feet from tip to tip.

I sat down on the soft bed and reached back to touch the scars at the base o' me wings. Deep scars n' cuts from when some unsightly cutthroats tried to take me wings as a trophy. They didn't live to tell the tale, but I did.

I then reached out n' touched me wing, and I smiled gently, "Ah . . . me pride n' joy." I mumbled softly.

Me wings were me freedom, I could go anywhere, and fly so high I feel as if I could caress the stars and race the comets. I then stood up with a groan of pain and walked over to the window, I rested me forearms on the ledge and gazed up at the sky.

"Hmm . . ." I hummed gently, me wings listless to me back, "I'll find ya one day, mother." I said with a grin, "I swear if it takes me a thousand lifetimes n' then some. I'll find ye, and I'll come home." I murmured, me hands curling into fists, "An' I'll rid the galaxy of that bastard once and for all." I murmured softly, "I will end Red Fang Jack . . .I will."

I then walked over to the bed and lay down among the sheets. I curled up and covered myself with me wings and soon, a strong sleep claimed me pain-ridden body. A sleep I haven't had in ages.

Meanwhile~

A great black ship flew through the darkness, it was adorned with sickly green solar sails and fastened to the prow was a great head of a beast. It looked like a dragon, with curling horns and a serpent tongue. A crew of the most disgusting, undesirable and ratty-looking creatures hustled and bustled about the deck. They shouted horrible curses to one another, some even going so far as throwing a punch, or a slash of a jagged blade.

Standing at the prow of the great ship stood the figure of nightmares, broad shouldered and dressed in a black tail coat with green accents. A classic pirates hat sat upon his brow, a long muzzle extending forward beneath it with two huge saber fangs. One a normal tooth, the other a fake made of ruby.

His gleaming golden eyes flickered across the deck, his arms behind his back. His feet were bare, to reveal lizard like feet with huge claws. His hands were much similar, with black-red skin. A long, wolf-like tail came from beneath his waist coat and it gave the occasional irritated lash. At his sides were two identical sabers.

"Cap'n!"

His head snapped down to one of his crew, "What?" he barked aggressively.

The crew member mumbled as he averted his gaze, trembling.

"OUT WITH IT, YA TWAT!" He roared, revealing two rows of sharp fangs and a raw, black tongue.

"W-we lost the trail, Cap'n!" He yelped, before he instantly cowered, fearing the worst.

The Captain tensed up before he walked down the stairs to the main deck, his crew scrambling to get out of his way. He approached the crew member, the one who gave him the news, and reached out with a clawed hand and picked him up with the utmost of ease.

He held the mottly, screaming member high above his head, and began to squeeze his face. There was a muffled scream, before a gut-wrenching crack, then the Captain tossed the body over the rail out into space. The crew stared with wide, horrified eyes, before the Captain turned back to them,

"Get yer arses back on the trail! Or ye all goin' over the side!" He boomed, drawing one of his sabers, "WE ARE GOIN' TO FIND THAT BITCH! AN' WHEN WE DO, SHE . . . WILL . . . PAY!"