Chapter Six

Zeizei soon finished her meal, and insisted that she should be on her way. The wanderer didn't want to overstay her welcome. Sarah simply responded sternly, telling her she wasn't allowed to leave the Inn so long as her wound was still active and it ran a risk of getting infected. Zeizei sighed in defeat before she stood up from her chair, "At least let me earn me keep." she said as she put her hands on the table, "Put me to work."

Sarah hummed and rubbed her chin, before she chuckled, "Now you have yourself a deal." she said firmly, "Now, why don't you get to washing the dishes?"

"Aye, Ma'am." Zeizei replied as she ducked into the kitchen and set to work.

She began to scrub the pots clean, as BEN shuffled around, putting plates and glasses away. Zeizei sighed as she worked swiftly and efficiently. Her wings fluttered every now and then as she moved around the kitchen, easily avoiding BEN who was rambling on and on about any and every thing that popped into his funky little head.

It wasn't long before Zeizei tapped her foot to the wooden floor to some non-existent beat. Her hips began to pop and sway back and forth as she scrubbed the dishes, her. lips. peeled into a wide smile as she began to sing softly,

"Whiskey-o, Johny-o
Rise her up from down below
Whiskey, whiskey, whiskey-o
Up aloft this yard must go
John rise her up from down below"

BEN stopped his work, and looked over to see Zeizei flapping her wings as she moved about the kitchen, putting plates away, and cleaning pots as she sang,

"Now whiskey is the life of man
Always was since the world began

Now whiskey gave me a broken nose
And whiskey made me pawn me clothes"

Jim, who had herd the song, poked his head in, "What is that?" he asked, arching a brow.

Zeizei stopped abruptly, before smiling and chuckling to herself with a blush on her cheeks, "Apologies, Jimbo. I get a wee bit carried away with me shanties, is all." she explained as she put a large mug away on a shelf.

Jim chuckled, "Never learned any shanties." he said as he walked into the kitchen.

Zeizei laughed as she put the last of the dishes away, "Aye, shanties aren't common anymore." she said softly, "in the old world, they used to sing 'em to keep sailors in rhythm." she said.

Jim perked up, "Whoa, I didn't know that." he leaned against the counter.

"Aye," Zeizei said, "Some of the old cutthroats of the eiithrium still know a song or two." she said, "I'd wager me arm that yer old Cyborg Friend, Silver, would know a few."

Jim blinked, before he sighed, "Silver never shared any with me." he leaned against the counter, looking crest-fallen.

Zeizei looked down at him, "Somethin' tells me that ol' Cyborg gave ye somethin', eh?"

"He . . ." Jim rubbed the back of his neck, "he acted like the father I never had," he shifted, obviously this was a sensitive subject for him, "he had to leave . . . otherwise he'd face prison."

"I'm sorry, Lad." Zeizei said softly as she looked over at him, her crimson hair falling over her eye.

Jim sighed, "Hey, it's better than . . . having him in prison." he said, "I just . . ." he lowered his head, "I just wish I could have a sign that he was ok."

Zeizei hummed and looked over at him, before she smirked and ruffled his hair, "Lady Fate has a cruel way of always makin' things work out." she said.

Jim smirked and spoke, "Thanks, Zeizei."

Zeizei nodded before she looked up upon hearing the door open. That Doctor character came striding in, soon followed back a feline-like female, in high boots, a blue tail coat with white gloves. Delbert looked over, "Oh, Zeizei!" He gestured to the female, "Meet Amelia, Captain of the R.L.S Legacy." he then yelped as three little toddler girls and a toddler boy scampered in.

Zeizei smirked as she watched the children sit at a table and fuss around with one another. Delbert walked over to monitor his children as Amelia strutted over to her, elegant as ever. She held out her hand for a shake, "Pleasure." she said with a heavy accent.

"Pleasure be mine, Ma'am." Zeizei shook her hand.

"So, Delbert told me you have a map." She said, cocking an elegant brow.

Zeizei blinked, before she pulled out her map and unfolded it, "Doubt ye be able to read it, ma'am." she said, "Only I can."

Amelia's ears perked up as her pupils dilated in interest, "Hmmm." she traced over the lines and writings, "Interesting."

Zeizei then took her map back and folded it up, "I be searching for answers." she said as she walked out around the counter.

Amelia nodded, "So I've been told. I could propose such a commission. With the right funding, and crew . . . it could be quite the voyage." she smirked.

Zeizei stared before she chuckled, "Please, Lass. I don't wish to be a liability. All I need is a skiff of me own and I'll be just fine."

Amelia hummed, her ears flickered, "Think about it." she then walked over to her children.

Zeizei pulled out her map and looked at it, and sighed before she looked out the window. Maybe . . .