Chapter Twelve

Third Person's POV~

Zeizei came back inside, with a blissful grin on her face. She slumped down into a chair and sighed happily, her hair and her clothes were all disheveled, but she looked so happy. She stretched out in the chair and smiled from one pointed ear to the other, purely content. Jim soon came racing after her, grinning.

"Zeizei, that was amazing!" He grins from ear to ear, "I've never seen flying like that!" He laughed.

Zeizei watched the child's excitement with a small smile on her lips before she leaned forward with a chuckle, bracing her forearms on her knees, "Yer sweet, Jimbo. Me' skills t'ain't anythin' special, though."

"I beg to differ." Silver said as he hobbled into the room, mechanical arms whirring and clicking, "That be some true primal skill ye just displayed." He gave her a wide grin.

Zeizei froze as she looked up at him, her eyes slightly widened. She then looked away with a sheepish smile, wringing put her hands. She felt her heart give a small fitter of excitement as Silver's words. She then looked away and sighed, brushing her hair from her eyes. Silver gave her a smile, his hands in his coat pockets.

It wasn't until later that afternoon that Amelia returned with a grin on her face. She proclaimed to the gang that she got a charter, ship, and permission to go on this quest to find Zeizei's clan and people. Jim let out a victorious whoop, while B.E.N ran around the inn, whooping in laughter. Zeizei, who had been washing dishes at the time, stood there--stunned into silence. She held a glass in one hand, a dishtowel in the other. Her long, pointed ears had dropped back, with her blue hues wide.

Jim ran up to her, "We're going to find your family." he chuckled, "You stoked for this or what?"

Zeizei snapped out of her trance and looked down at the kid before her. A smile pulled across her face before she lifted her eyes to Amilia, "Thank you." she said, her tone pure and sincere.

Amilia's ears perked up as she bowed her head in response. Zeizei then yelped as she felt a large arm drape over her shoulders. She looked over, seeing Silver having his arm around her. He pulled her to his side, and Zeizei's cheeks lit up.

"A great adventure be waitin' fer us!" He exclaimed with a chuckle.

Ziezei stumbled a little bit before she gave a small chuckle. She then got out of Silver's hold, and rubbed her arm sheepishly, "There be no words in dis, or any world, to describe me gratitude towards ye' all." she said as her wings fluttered, "I be forever in yer debt." She reached up and rubbed her neck gently.

Silver looked at her with a smile, before he reached out with his mechanical arm and pulled Jim into his side. Jim chuckled softly, pressed up against the father figure he never had. Zeizei watched with a kind smile as she then heaved a gentle sigh and looked out the window.

She was finally going to find out who she was, and where she came from.