Chapter eighteen

Third Person's POV~

Zeizei had taken refuge in the ship's galley, helping Silver prep food for future meals. She was silent as she chopped up some meats and fruits, Silver was beside her, skinning some animal and quartering the meet, his mechanical hand transformed into a knife and was chopping and slicing with amazing speed.

Zeizei soon paused her work and looked up and out of one of the circular windows in the hull. Amelia had informed the crew that they would be docking on a small trading asteroid, to re-supply and to ask around regarding Zeizei's mysterious map and what lay beyond the Vulian Asteroid Belt.

"Some'ting on yer mind, Lass?"

Silver's voice seemed to jar Zeizei from her aimless staring as he looked over at him, "Just some reservation's bout goin' to this trading post." she said as she resumed chopping up purps.

"Oh, come now," Silver smirked at her, "Don't tell me ye be afraid of a little sightseeing." he teased.

Zeizei shot him a look, "I be serious Mr. Silver, it be clear to me now that me map holds somethin' more than just a guide to where I come from." She looked out the window again, "And I don' think it be wise paradin' 'round and askin' about it to total strangers." she sighed and shook her head.

Silver's expression fell as he stared at Zeizei with half-closed eyes, he understood her concerns, and it made his old heart twist seeing someone in such emotional turmoil. He sighed as he walked up beside, setting down a bowl of water as he looked at her, "You and I are much alike, ya know." he wiped his hands off on his apron as the sat down beside her, wincing as he rubbed his mechanical leg.

"What? Aside from bein' old?" a hint of mirth was in her voice and it made Silver laugh.

"Aye, aside from bein' old." he looked at her, examining her pale gray face and deep blue eyes, "We be travelers. Nevah had a home ta return to."

Zeizei nodded slowly in agreement, "Aye, but," she stood up and took her cuttings of fruit and put them in a pan to be cooked, "Ya know who ya are, Mr. Silver. Ya be an Ursid, a pirate. I . . ." her gaze fell and her long ears drooped down ever so slightly, "I don't know who I am."

Silver was about to retort when a call from on deck drew both their attention.

They were docking, and it was time to go ashore.