RECONNECTING

RECONNECTING

I started skipping art again. I guess because the last time I saw Lola or Gavin was the winter dance. Confrontation just makes me nervous and uneasy, I don't like it.

But it was the second week of January and I figured I had to go at least once this month. So I walked into art ten minutes late. I was attempting to work up the nerve to go in and finally did it. But I regret it now as everyone is staring at me.

I set my pass down on the table and took my seat next to Lola. Apparently the class is working on a project that started last week.

Mr. Jekyll and Hyde: "Freya, since you've missed a lot of class why don't you get started on our next project. I'm assuming you'll be missing a whole week soon, this way you don't get too far behind."

Me: ". . ."

He went into explaining our next assignment to me. The basics were that he wanted us to pick a household item and bring it into class. Then we'll make art out of it. So he wanted me to start thinking of a household item I could use and then how I could make art out of it. In actuality I put my head down and closed my eyes.

Lola: "Freya, where have you been? I didn't get to give you my Christmas present."

Me: ". . ."

I shrugged, but picked my head up off the table.

Lola: "I'll bring it tomorrow if you promise to come to art class?"

Me: ". . ."

I nodded which somehow caused Lola to squeal and hug me. I pulled away from her hug to find Gavin taking a seat across from me.

Gavin: "You like skipping class?"

Me: ". . ."

I nodded, not really sure where this was going.

Gavin: "Skip science with me, I want to talk?"

Me: ". . ."

I briefly glanced away, not sure if I should agree. I found the two girls that were with Evelyn glaring at me. I remember their names now, Heather and Skyler.

Gavin: "Please?"

Me: ". . ."

I nodded knowing Evelyn would hear of this.

•••

You probably don't remember, but I mentioned Heather and Skyler in the part called, Crazy Art Fantasies. So they're making a reappearance.