WINTER FORMAL

Wow, 1,000 reads, great!!! But I seriously have six comments and quite frankly this book is almost over. That just kind of sucks. I might just take this down and continue to write it then try and get it published. But if anyone is actually reading this and doesn't want me to take it down, it'd be great for a comment letting me know. Cause there is no reason to keep a story on here that no one will read.

•••

WINTER FORMAL

Somehow I allowed Lola to talk me into the winter formal. I had managed to avoid homecoming, but that was only because Lola and Evelyn went together. But apparently Evelyn scored a date, that and the fact that Lola now hated Evelyn with a fiery passion. In the end it didn't really matter. Lola wanted to go with someone and I didn't have anything better to do. The way I looked at it, this was better then being left alone with only my thoughts for company, which I seemed to be doing more often then not these days. Just me and my thoughts could be dangerous, I was tired of living recklessly.

Lola invited me over to get ready for formal. I told her I was wearing my jeans and a baggy shirt. Lola looked appalled and then proceeded to drag me upstairs so we could look at dress options.

I always thought Lola was weird, turns out I was only scrapping the surface. Almost every item of clothing she owned she had made. Whether she had knit it or quilted it was a different story. So Lola showed me ten dresses that she had made. They were all very lovely, but none of them would fit me. I'd lost a lot of weight lately and she was quite a few inches taller then me.

Lola: "I guess I could rip out the stitching and tighten the bodice?"

Lola collapsed into her desk chair and started muttering things to herself. I hadn't realized she took fashion so seriously.

Lola: "I've got it. My sister's size would probably fit you."

Lola snapped her fingers and hurriedly rushed to her sister's room. Lola's sister is twelve, I'm fifteen. If I didn't know I had a weight problem before, I knew it now.

Lola stared at me in shock when I took off my shirt. Her eyes widened before she got control of herself and just looked at me nervously. I ignored her and grabbed the dress. I slipped it over my head and struggled to get it over my bust. Lola's younger sister is definitely flat chested, I on the other hand felt overly restrained. When I managed to pull the dress down I kicked off my jeans and straightened the dress out. It was a bit too snug around the chest area but fit nicely around my waist and hips.

The skirt was a tad bit short on me, considering it was made for a twelve year old. It would have fallen at Lola's little sister's knees, on me it fell quite a bit higher. To the point were I felt kind of uncomfortable. But I dealt with it and smoothed out the soft fabric. It was a soft red, almost pink with a black band that cinched around the waist and then flared out into a loose skirt that almost made me want to twirl. It was nice and simple even though my breast were straining to pop out of the top.

Lola approved with the nod of her head and then we went on to choose between the ten options she had. I nodded at each option until the point where Lola just stopped asking for my opinion. I shrugged, it didn't matter to me.

Lola: "I wonder if Martin would drive us. Oh, um Martin is my older brother. He's a senior so he should be going, but I'm not sure he'd let us tag along. Well it's worth asking."

Lola bounded out of the room and off to find her brother. I could hear her shouting his name down the hall. I always new she was weird, but I hadn't quite known the extent of it until today. I wonder if Evelyn had found out and that's why she dropped Lola like a hot pocket.

Random Boy: "Fuck off Lola."

Lola: "But Martin, please?"

Martin: "I'm not driving you and your weird little friend to that stupid formal."

Lola: "But I thought you liked Freya?"

Why would he like me? We haven't met before.

Martin: "Wait, it's not Evelyn?"

Lola: "No, I hate that stupid cow."

Martin: "So Freya is here?"

Lola: "Yes, in my room, so what? Will you drive us?"

Martin: "Fine, but be ready in five minutes."

Lola: "Yes! You're the best Martin!"

Martin: "Whatever, just don't keep me waiting."

Not even a minute later Lola was skipping back into her room.

Lola: "Okay, we have a ride but we have to go now."

I followed Lola down to Martin's car. For some reason I got shotgun. Martin tried to make conversation with me and even went as far as to ask if I wanted him to be my date. I shrugged.

We got to the tackily decorated dance and Lola dragged me off. We lost Martin in the crowd which I think Lola was attempting to do. It didn't matter to me as long as I got to sit. But that wasn't happening, seeing as Lola wanted to dance.

She danced and I stood still next to her. I'm sure I looked miserable.

I tried catching a glimpse of Evelyn to see who her date was. To say the least I was shocked to find Gavin looking bored next to her. As I watched Evelyn try to flirt with Gavin something sparked within me. Anger.