THE AKAWARDNESS AFTERWARDS

Gavin pulled away from me and fell back on the bed. He sighed with exhaustion but turned his head to look at me. I was breathing heavily and clutching at the bed sheet. The effects of my high were wearing off and I was soon realizing what we had just done. I had sex for the first time. It hurt, it wasn't all that comfortable and I just felt kind of gross. But for some reason, I'm happy.

Gavin: "Wow, sex is something else."

He mumbled as he turned towards me. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me a tad bit closer to his hot and sweaty body.

Gavin: "Are you okay?"

Me: ". . ." I simply nodded.

Gavin: "Are you sure?"

Me: ". . ." I nodded once again.

I got up from the bed and grabbed an abandoned drink that was on the nightstand. The sad thing is, I don't think we were the first people to christen this room. The bed was already messy when we got here. But thinking about that was just something I didn't want to do. I might have to make an early trip the bathroom and I was saving that for the end of the night.

I tipped the cup back and swallowed it's contents greedily. I soon felt my buzz start to turn into a roaring fire. That drink was definitely spiked, but I didn't care.

I fell back onto the bed with a giggle and curled back up against Gavin. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around my waist.

Gavin: "I don't want things to be weird between us, Freya. I like you as my friend and I don't really want to lose you as a friend."

He gently rubbed up and down my thigh as I mulled his words over.

Me: "Yeah, you're like my only friend. Let's not make things awkward."

I joked with him and he chuckled, looking at me with wide eyes.

Gavin: "That's the most I've ever heard you talk. And what about Evelyn and Lola? They're your friends, right?"

Me: "Well yeah, but I don't really like either of them. Besides, both of them have a crush on you."

Gavin: "Seriously, how do you know?"

Me: "It's obvious. Lola just stares at you during art and when you come over to talk to me her face gets all red and she makes an excuse to leave. Evelyn just talks about you all the time when Lola isn't around. She goes on and on about how sweet and nice you are."

I giggle at his shocked face. I don't think he knew he had so many admires, or any for that matter.

Gavin: "And what about you, do you have a crush on me too?"

Me: "No, not really. I mean you're really nice and I enjoy your company. And what we just did was really fun. But I'm not in love with you or anything like that."

Gavin: "Well my chances on asking you out are getting slimmer and slimmer by the minute."

Me: "Shut up."

I push his shoulder playfully and glare at him. I get up soon after that and he follows my lead. We start gathering our clothes and struggle to put them on in the dark.

Me: "I'm gonna go home and pass out."

I tell Gavin as we head back to the party.

Gavin: "Want me to walk you home?"

Me: "No, stay and have fun."

Gavin: "It's not really any fun without you."

Me: "You're such a flirt."

I wave bye to him and head for the door. I'm met with the cool October breeze. I start walking down the sidewalk, already seeing my house in sight. As I walk along the dimly lit street I see a few straggling tricker treaters, but for the most part Halloween is over. Once I make it to my house I'm met with utter silence and complete darkness. I stumble my way through my house and soon find the downstairs bathroom where I empty the contents of my stomach into the toilet. I slump over and pass out on the floor of the bathroom.