THAT'S THAT

THAT'S THAT

SECOND MARKING PERIOD

I ended up drawing ten different sketches of my faceless girl and hiding bird. I hung all of them up in my room except the one I was going to hand in. The one I was handing in had the best details on the bird, but I still couldn't get the girl's ear quite right. But I was satisfied.

I walked into art after spending lunch at the guidance office not saying a word. The guidance counselor seemed annoyed with me. She couldn't get me to talk about a thing. She tried talking about Thanksgiving, but it's not like I had anything to say about it, not to her or anyone else. So I got to art late because she kept trying to get me to talk. Luckily she gave me a pass when she finally let me leave.

I walked into the art room right in the middle of one of Mr. Jekyll and Hyde's rants. Every student turned towards me, Lola looked shocked to see me, as did Gavin. I'm sure he figured out I was avoiding him.

Mr. Jekyll and Hyde: "Hello there Freya, I'm surprised to see you in my class since you've skipped for the last month."

I didn't say a thing to him, just walked to my art table that Lola sat at while clutching my drawing to my chest. I set it down on the table and took my seat next to Lola. She didn't look at me.

Mr. Jekyll and Hyde: "Do you have a pass for me."

I laid my pass out on the table and he took it.

Mr. Jekyll and Hyde: "Is this your art project you were supposed to hand in before break?"

Me: "..." I nodded.

Mr. Jekyll and Hyde: "How interesting, it's not focused around the bird. Nor can you actually see either of their faces. Did you just not feel like drawing the girl's face?"

Me: "..."

He could think what he wants, she doesn't have a face and that's that.