ALONE

ALONE

Students dwindled down to a few loitering around the he school grounds. I had made myself comfortable on the stone wall, no intent on moving or leaving in the near future. Perhaps I'd soon text my mother to pick me up, perhaps not.

Sitting there I hadn't expected to see Gavin exit the school. He looked around until his eyes landed on me. He marched over with intent, on what, I don't know.

He stopped in front of me, pulled the straps of his back pack over his shoulders tighter and let out a heavy sight before his eyes met mine.

Gavin: "I don't understand you. I don't think I ever will. It's been one weird adventure with you, Freya. You've made this an interesting year. But I'm not going to keep playing this back and forth game with you. So bye, maybe I'll see you next year, maybe not, but I'm not going do this anymore, cause I don't even know what you want, I don't think I ever did."

I watched Gavin sigh and trun his back to me. He slowly trudged across the school parking lot. As I watched him go, I realized what that feeling was in my chest. It wasn't guilt or sadness. Wasn't even anger. I knew what it was and I think I know how to fix it.

I jumped off the stone wall and sprinted across the parking lot. I reached and grabbed Gavin's hand. He immediately turned around, wide eyes staring back at me with confusion laced in their depths.

I opened my mouth, took a breath and the let the words tumble out.

Me: "I don't want to be alone."

•••

That's it, this is the end. This is my last chapter ever of this story. I know anyone who reads this will absolutely hate this ending. So if you'd like to talk about it just private message me. I'd be happy to discuss it with you. Help you clear anything up and answer any of your questions best to my ability.