CONFRONTATION

CONFRONTATION

Gavin: "Where have you been, I haven't seen you in a month?"

Me: "..." I shrugged.

Gavin: "You were avoiding me, right?"

Me: "..." I shrugged again.

Gavin: "Can we talk? I thought we agreed to be friends?"

Potion McMaster: "Gavin, Freya, that doesn't sound like you're talking about science? Are you having trouble in paradise, if so I can write you a pass to the guidance counselor, if not, please do that on your own time, this is my time."

And that was the end of it. Gavin stopped talking and I sure as hell didn't bring anything up. Potion McMaster wasn't happy about my lack of class attendance last month and asked me to stay after school. I didn't really care and just shrugged. When the bell rang I walked out with everyone else.

I had also been skipping English lately. Mostly because the girl's soccer season just ended and I didn't show up to one game. When report cards came yesterday it turns out I failed every class but art and gym. My parents were mad at first, but then they came to the conclusion that I was stupid. That I just wasn't smart and that I needed a tutor. I shrugged and went along with it.

My parents hired a tutor, one of the retired teachers that just subs on and off at the school. I was supposed to meet her everyday after school until interim reports come out. If my grades were decent it would be knocked down to once a week. If not then I still had to go everyday after school. Today was my first day and I didn't go. I saw her waiting for me in the library and I just turned right back around.

Sadly I ran into Gavin.

Gavin: "Thank God you're still here, we need to talk."

Me: "..."

Gavin: "Fine, I'll do the talking. I'll be late to basketball practice, but that doesn't really matter right now. What matter's is you telling me why the hell you avoided me for a whole fucking month. A whole fucking month, Freya! If you didn't want to sleep together why the hell did you jump me. You were the one that started things. You even said you didn't want things to be weird, you still wanted to be friends. Hell, I was even considering asking you out. Probably would have been a shit date, but it's the thought that counts. But no, let's be friends, then what, you leave me to the sharks? Lola has been clinging to me like fucking velcro. Do you have any idea how weird she is? And Evelyn . . . What the fuck is wrong with her eyes. She keeps doing this weird blinking shit and I tried asking my friends, but they're clueless idiots."

Me: "..."

Gavin: "Why don't you say anything, why the fuck do you just stand there and stare at me? What is wrong with you? You know what, I'm done with you and your stupid friends. I'm done trying to figure out what the hell you want, Freya. If you wanna stand there like a deer in the headlights, fine, be my guest."

And he walked away. He ranted--he blew up--he got it off his chest and then he left. I hope he feels better, because I sure as hell don't.