Chapter 26 - Nightmare Steve

~Rainbow Steve's POV~

I glance over at Blue Steve, who's looking on in worry. Sabre stays quiet, clearly concerned on what we see.

"Well, now we have three artifacts..?" Blue Steve asks, attempting to lighten the mood a bit. I hesitantly nod, picking both of them up.

I put the artifacts in my pockets, looking back at Sabre and Blue Steve. "We should probably head up and tell the others, don't you agree?" asks, and I nod gently. We head back up the cave, dodging all of the obstacles once more. Eventually, we all escape, and I see Alex run over and hug Sabre from the corner of my eye. I grin a bit, planning on teasing Sabre about it later. Sabre seems a bit surprised, though he hugs Alex back.

"What happened?" Night Steve asks, seeing as we all seem quiet.

"Well," Blue Steve starts. "We found the green artifact, but we also found another artifact. An orange one."

Everybody looks confused, seeing as multiple artifacts aren't supposed to be anywhere near each other.

"Orange Steve," I sigh, "was turned to an artifact somehow. I think he tried to get the artifact without us, and because the power of the artifact was so strong, it added energy into him. The energy must've been too strong for his body to handle, so it turned him into what he is now; an artifact."

Everybody else stays quiet, and I pull both of the new artifacts out. Green and orange. "Well, at least now we have only red, yellow, and purple left to find," Purple Steve says softly, and everybody nods.

"Come on guys," Sabre says softly, walking over to everybody, Alex behind him. "We should probably get away from this area, it's just gonna keep reminding us of what happened. Let's head out and look for more artifacts."

We all nod, heading off into some direction. Honestly, we have no idea where, we just want to get away from where Orange Steve last was. "Hey, Sabre?" I ask, glancing over at him.

"Yeah, Rainbow Steve?"

"Can I talk to you, alone, for a moment?" I gesture towards the side, a bit away from all our friends. He nods, so we both walk over in that direction.

"What's up?" he asks, and I grin a bit.

"Hey Sabreeeeee?" I ask teasingly. "Do you like Alex?"

He blushes, and I can't help but laugh from it. "M-Maybe," Sabre blushes harder, and I grin.

"Well, from the looks of it, she likes you too," I smile at him. "You should tell her your feelings."

Sabre bites his lip a bit, but nods. "I'll tell her s-soon," he says softly, and I smile.

"I ship it!" I giggle, walking off.

"What was that about?" Blue Steve asks me once I get back, and I grin.

"Just telling Sabre to follow his dreams," I hum, sitting down on the ground.

"Have I told you how adorable you are?" Blue Steve asks me, smiling. I blush faintly, pulling him down next to me. I then lean my head on his shoulder, smiling.

"Y-Yes, you have," I stutter, blushing more. He presses a kiss to my forehead, smiling. 

"Good, you should know how adorable you are."

Everything about that moment was peaceful. Something we haven't felt in a long time.

"Hey Blue Steve?" I ask quietly.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

He smiles, kissing me gently. "I love you too," he mumbles against my lips.

***

Purple Steve and Yellow Steve ended up falling asleep with one another under a tree, while Night Steve is sitting down and reading a book. Sabre and Alex are both talking, where I assume they're finally confessing their feelings towards one another. Blue Steve ended up falling asleep as well, and I smile.

Then, I hear lightning in the distance. It wasn't loud enough to wake up anybody, and Night Steve is too deep in the book to notice, so I'm probably the only person who heard it.

Cautiously, I get up, deciding that I'm gonna check it out.

I venture over to the direction that I heard the lightning in, finding a Steve that's oh-so-familiar.

Nightmare Steve, holding the red, yellow and purple artifacts.

"Nightmare Steve!" I shout, knowing it's probably too late. He's going to end up stealing the artifacts from me, seeing as I still can't fight that good and I'm alone. "Give me those artifacts!"

Nightmare Steve drops down to the ground, stalking a bit closer. I back up a bit, but something I didn't expect happens.

"Take them, I don't want them anymore," he says, tossing them all to me.

~~~

Thank you YandereGirl178 for the suggestion!Also- be proud of this chapter for being decently long compared to the other chapters-

Also- be proud of this chapter for being decently long compared to the other chapters-

Cookie Da Queen~